ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Multi Camera editing with GH4 clips split into different files

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy JarvisMulti Camera editing with GH4 clips split into different files
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 4:44:19 pm

New to Premiere Pro CC and trying to work out how to use multicam editing. Unless I'm missing something, a lot of tutorials seem to assume there's only one single continuous file for each camera angle, so you can simply select all the files and create a multi cam source sequence and away you go. Button course DLSR clips get split into segments. I have synced all my files up on a timeline with all audio recorded separately. I have tried nesting the video files and then right-clicking to enable multicam. When I double click on the multi camera clip, I get the different camera angles appear on the left hand screen as they should, and they will play, but not simultaneously with the timeline. Also, when I play it and click the angles to make the edits, the camera angle changes but the edits aren't made. It is normal for DSLRs to record in clips that are split even when rolling continuously, so there has to be a simple way to do multi camera editing on something as powerful as Premiere, surely? Any help would be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Multi Camera editing with GH4 clips split into different files
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 8:59:51 pm

What application did you use previously for multicam DSLR?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Andy JarvisRe: Multi Camera editing with GH4 clips split into different files
by on Aug 7, 2016 at 9:32:30 pm

I used FCP7. With this, I had to export each camera shot as a QT reference file to bind each one together as one, and then re-import and use the FCP7 multicam tool as normal. Whilst this is a bit of a fiddly way to go, it worked well. From what I can tell, one can't export as QT reference files with Premiere so this isn't an option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]