ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Export timecode as subtitles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elias PapanikolaouExport timecode as subtitles
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 11:31:07 pm

Hi everyone,

used Vegas for years, recently switched to premier pro.

There's this thing I use to do for my personal family videos, namely the finished video (consisting of various clips shot at various dates/times) would come with subtitles containing the date and time (accurate and changing every second) of the events depicted. Because the date/time is in the subtitles, one can choose to turn them on or off at will.

Searching how to do it in Premier I found some videos explaining how to do something similar, burn-in the timecode. The problem with that is the viewer can't switch the info on or off.

Subtitles/captions is the only thing I can think of to provide that functionality to the final viewer.

So I would like to know if it's possible to export the timecode as subtitles (as opposed to a permanent overlay showing all the time).

For those familiar, what I ask is similar to what a product called vegasaur (collection of scripts) does in Vegas. It can (among other things) export the right timecodes as .srt even if you are making a time-lapse by accelerating the time of the clips on your timeline. Would something similar be possible in Premier?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]