ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Scaling clips stacking motion and transform effects?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell FitzgibbonScaling clips stacking motion and transform effects?
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:51:08 am
Last Edited By Russell Fitzgibbon on Aug 5, 2016 at 3:34:53 am

Hi all!
After sourcing so much knowledge from these boards I'm finally going to dive in with a query of my own!

I'm in the final stages of editing a project of mainly 6K R3D footage. It also includes some 4K drone footage so after editing with proxies I've relinked everything into 2K to match it all up for a final 2K export.
I'm led to believe that scaling down the 6K footage to the 2K project should be just fine in terms of quality, my problem is that a lot of the clips have digital zooms/scaling on them in the 'Motion' effect so if I wanted to scale those clips down using motion (like I've done for most of the project) I would have to go through and re-do all the zoom automation an keyframes (which although it's not the end of the world, would be very tiresome).
My question is, for the clips that have scale automation in 'Motion', can I just drop a 'Transform' effect (Video/distort/transform) on to scale them down without changing the Motion automation? Or will this result in a loss of quality, i.e. make it pointless to be using the 6K files?
Just to be clear, my plan is to actually just paste the same 'Transform' effect on every clip so even the ones without motion automation will be scaled by transform (I've read that 'Transform' is actually just as good if not better to use for scaling?)

Anyway, thanks for any help!
Cheers
Russll

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Scaling clips stacking motion and transform effects?
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 11:15:47 am

Hi Russell....

So you have 6k source

you edited with 2k proxies of that

you are switching back to the 6k source (in the 2k seqeunce), so your motion transforms are out of frame...

so you are asking if you can apply a transform affect as a secondary effect to generally scale those clips back to fit the framing of the 2k sequence?

I think this will work....I will test when I get to work.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Scaling clips stacking motion and transform effects?
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 1:23:18 pm

Yes this works fine.

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]