ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro audio playing, video stuck

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SilvermanPremiere Pro audio playing, video stuck
by on Aug 4, 2016 at 3:35:46 pm

I'm working in Premiere Pro CC 2015 and I've been having an issue where after editing for 20-30 minutes, the software will randomly decide to stop playing back video, but audio will continue to playback. When this occurs, the playhead stops moving and the program monitor stays frozen on the frame where the playhead is but then the audio plays fine. However, when I hit the space bar, the audio doesn't stop and will only stop if I switch to another timeline.

Any ideas what's going on here? I tried trashing preferences and actually did a full reinstall of Premiere and I'm still getting this issue.

Mike

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: Premiere Pro audio playing, video stuck
by on Aug 4, 2016 at 4:17:42 pm

Any io hardware attached? AJA or BMD? If AJA, try upgrading the drivers to version 12.4.1

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Mike SilvermanRe: Premiere Pro audio playing, video stuck
by on Aug 8, 2016 at 2:30:57 am

I do have a Matrox MX02 mini hooked up. I'll check to see if there's a firmware update because I think this issue started once I upgraded to El Capitan and I don't remember if I ever updated the firmware.

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Premiere Pro audio playing, video stuck
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 3:27:34 pm

It happens very occasionally to me. I'm on a Mac and I simply click to open a new program in the dock (VLC Player for example), and it immediately unfreezes. You must click an unopened program; one that is already opened won't work. Very weird bug. Hope this "fix" works for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]