ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Got a super weird problem with Premiere inputs would be appreciated

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali greyGot a super weird problem with Premiere inputs would be appreciated
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 9:25:40 am

I have recently been using premiere to edit video files from my hard drive.

I was on a laptop and I was using a 2nd monitor.

And now: when I try to open that project - Premiere doesn't let me click anywhere and does the windows error beep whenever I try to click somewhere.

I did an experiment by creating a new project and causing the media to go offline and it did the EXACT same error as to when I was trying to open a new project with offline media.

Now what I think is happening

1) Premiere is displaying the "media offline, please link media" box on my 2nd monitor.
2) It still thinks I have my 2nd monitor attached, but I don't
3) I cannot click anything because, that box is the only clickable thing
4) I cannot see anything because the error box is showing up on a non-existent monitor.

I have tried removing and installing again but same thing.

How can I cause adobe premiere to forget every single thing it knows about me and my computer so that it no longer thinks I have a 2nd monitor and displays everything in my home screen?

I've spent my past few days trying to fix this :( All new projects with online media work perfectly.

Thanks for your input!

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Got a super weird problem with Premiere inputs would be appreciated
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 2:31:58 pm

First thing I would do is attach a second monitor again to get control.

Saving particular Workspaces may help with this. You'll need a two-monitor Workspace and a single-monitor Workspace.

In your two-monitor Workspace, set it up so the Windows menus portion of the layout (if you on a Windows machine) is always in monitor 1. That way, if you forget to change Workspaces before shutting down, you can access the menus on the restart and change to the one-monitor Workspace.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]