ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro keeps "crashing"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin JordtPremiere Pro keeps "crashing"
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 8:08:53 am

Hey guys!
Since a few hours I've been having the same mistake over and over again. First, while editing & adding some Presets, there was the first problem, maybe my GPU was the problem, I don't know. In the bottom right corner of my main monitor came a notification, that says that my drivers were restored. I never had that, so I was confused. But I didnt thought that it'll be a problem with exporting the whole video. So far so bad, I've finished the editing and started the exporting-process. The first couple of times the message with the restored drivers came again. After like 3-4 times of going through that, the message was gone but the process just stops at a random time (mostly about 1:47 minutes left), I don't know why. No matter how long I'm waiting for it to go on, there's no way that it'll go on.

The weird thing is, like 2 or 3 hours before I was editing the video, I've already exported two Batman-Videos. So, it really confuses me.

Things I've already done:

Uninstalling my drivers, downgrading to an older driver, at last installing the newest driver, again.
Restored the defaults of my mainboard because on the booting screen there was some sort of "Your overclocking can't let your computer start", I didn't even overclocked my PC, but okay.
I uninstalled Premiere Pro and reinstalled it.
I've plugged my GPU into a different slot of my mainboard because i thought, that there could be a problem. Seems like there's not.

My PC-Rig:
Motherboard: Z170-P D3
CPU: i5-6600k
RAM: 32GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro keeps "crashing"
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 5:09:25 pm

What exactly is the problem here? And what is the restored drivers error you keep seeing?

Return to posts index

Justin JordtRe: Premiere Pro keeps "crashing"
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 9:57:53 pm

My problem is, that, what I found out now, that my computer keeps freezing after about 1:30min of rendering a video and I don't know why.
And the driver restore crash notification is just a usual "Your display driver crashed and is restored now", nothing else.

What I found out is, that even if I reinstall my windows, there's somehow always a problem with videos. I've been looking a video over Windows Media player and the first 2 minutes were fine. Then the video starts stuttering and lagging, the audio is fine. I just can't imagine what could be the problem.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro keeps "crashing"
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 10:09:08 pm

Then the problem is probably with your GPU rather than Premiere. You could try turning the Mercury Playback Engine to software in the project settings.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]