ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Unable to save video icon image.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario ArangurenUnable to save video icon image.
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 8:06:49 am

Hello, my client is requiring an specific frame for the thumbnail of the video file I edited. I managed to change it copying and pasting in the file info tab and also I used Quicktime 7 to set the poster frame. This works. But then, when I send it via wetransfer or when I just change it to a different folder the thumbnail changes to a random one.
My editing software is premiere Pro CC and I am running OS X Yosemite.
Does someone know how can I keep the thumbnail?
Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Unable to save video icon image.
by on Aug 4, 2016 at 1:42:59 pm

[Mario Aranguren] "Does someone know how can I keep the thumbnail?"

First, what kind of machine is your client looking at the thumbnail on? Mac or Windows? Which OS version?

Return to posts index

Mario ArangurenRe: Unable to save video icon image.
by on Aug 4, 2016 at 2:37:14 pm

Thanks for your answer Gary. He is using windows. I don't have a PC but if there is not another solution I could get one. Anyway I also tried to open the exact same file in another mac with OS X Yosemite-10.10.3 and I am experiencing the same problem., I get a different thumbnail image

Return to posts index

by on Aug 4, 2016 at 3:10:51 pm

[Mario Aranguren] "He is using windows."

I don't know if that is going to work with Windows, however, the fact that you have another Mac and it's not working might mean something. Have you tried resetting the thumbnail on your other Mac?

Return to posts index

by on Aug 5, 2016 at 8:55:20 am

do you mean reseting it in another mac and then check what happens if I open it in another computer? I just tried but I am getting the same result, the image change. The thing is that the image always change to the same random one, so it seems that there is somewhere an specific metadata image.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 5, 2016 at 12:14:16 pm

[Mario Aranguren] "so it seems that there is somewhere an specific metadata image."

It could be a hidden file that is not being moved along with it. I've read that doing this for a QuickTime embeds it in the file itself, but it could also be (for some reason), it's utilizing a hidden file instead (i.e. when you change the icon for an external drive).

Return to posts index

by on Aug 8, 2016 at 8:41:21 am

Problem solved, I got a software called MetaZ which allows to change and write tags and metadata.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:03:44 pm

[Mario Aranguren] "Problem solved, I got a software called MetaZ which allows to change and write tags and metadata."

Did it also make it show the correct thumbnail under Windows? I'm curious about that.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 9, 2016 at 2:56:30 pm

Yes, it did

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]