ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Masking madness

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenMasking madness
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 9:24:48 pm

I usually try to google my questions but this is another one that I just don't know how to phrase properly.

It used to be that I could draw a 4 cornered mask around my subject for green screening purposes. 4 clicks and I had my square that I could then work with. But now (and this started with the previous version of Premiere Pro) when I click that last point to complete the mask, it adds one of those things with the handles that allows you to bend the mask. I don't WANT that! I know that if I click and hold while I move, it will create one of those, but it's happening all the time now, always after I've completed the mask.

Is there a setting to change that? It's such a pain to grab a point to pull down or out and it gets all twisty and weird shaped.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Masking madness
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 9:33:10 pm

try double clicking last point?

The handles are both useful (at times) and annoying/messy when not needed.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Masking madness
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 9:56:12 pm

Hey Chris,
Just tried it. Same thing. The last point is all bendy. If I want bendy points I'll click and drag. Damn you, Adobe.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 2, 2016 at 10:05:47 pm

Bezier handles! That's what they're called. I hate them when I don't want them!!! I checked Adobe's help and it says that you supposedly can only create a bezier handle when you close a mask by pressing ALT while clicking the first vertex. Not true!!!

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Masking madness
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 10:31:04 pm

Press with ALt on node and vertex will be gone.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Masking madness
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 10:07:30 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Aug 2, 2016 at 10:08:05 pm

Well, if those buggers work the same as they do in After Effects, grab a handle and slide as close as you can get to the mask vertex point. No more bendies.

It's a pain in the butt, but it works.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

by on Aug 3, 2016 at 12:05:37 am

Well, if this ain't the damndest thing. I tried your way, Dave. No go. I tried your way, Ann. No go. BUT...after trying your way, I can now draw masks without bezier handles showing up. Computers....grrrrrrr.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]