ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dual Mono to Stereo?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim AndrewsDual Mono to Stereo?
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 8:30:38 pm

We received a video from a different post house, that we now need to send to a theater. The theater is saying that the audio is dual mono and not stereo, and I was wondering if there was a way to fix that. The track itself is one stereo track ( i think) but both the L and R channels are the exact same. Is there anything that can be done to make this Stereo? Attached is a screen shot of the track.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Dual Mono to Stereo?
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 9:29:56 pm

There is no difference in dual mono and stereo made from dual mono.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Dual Mono to Stereo?
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 3:36:22 pm

Hi folks,
I've been struggling with this within an editing context, not a delivery context.
I have dual mono tracks recorded from an on-camera stereo mike originally imported into FCP.
I want to equalize them and change levels simultaneously, rather than by applying effects and key frames to one and copying it to the other.
I understand I should be able to change these in the project panel, but they are in a heavily edited sequence so I don't want to go back and recut the entire show.
How can this be done?
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Dual Mono to Stereo?
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 9:33:29 pm

You mean they're both panned to the center? Pan Ch.1 to the Left and Ch. 2 to the right. If it then sounds like stereo, you're good to go. If it still sounds like mono.... well, they gave you mono and have to let your audio folks know so they can rectify the situation.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: Dual Mono to Stereo?
by on Sep 7, 2016 at 9:10:25 pm

Thanks Dave LaRonde,
I can pan them, no problem. But I want to apply keyframe gain adjustments etc. to both at the same time. They're already edited in a sequence so I can't to this in the Project Panel anymore. Apply Effects is slow and clumsy, and I can't hear the result when I just adjust one of the clips.

I've tried sending to a submix but this shows no editable waveforms on the timeline. Am I out of luck?

Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]