ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris SmithPP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 5:53:12 pm

Sooooo. I just got off the phone with Adobe Tech Support because in the latest version of Premiere Pro CC (10.3.0 - 202 Build) the command 'File > Direct Link to SpeedGrade' is not there. If you go into SpeedGrade and try to open the file, it will tell you that this was created under a newer version of the program and can not be opened. Other than a form that I could fill out and send to the developers, tech support gave no help. I decided if it worked before, then the only option is to install the previous version of Premiere CC 2015(9.0). Tech support did not suggest this option. With tech support's help, I was able to install the previous version, and it does link to SpeedGrade, but that version keeps wanting to upgrade to the latest version.

This seems like EXTREMELY poor decision making on the part of Adobe. This is the workflow they've established to do video production, and then they release a version that DOESN'T WORK.

I'm more than just a little irritated at this, and it's another strike against Adobe in my book. Why would you do something as stupid as release a version that doesn't work with the color correction tools you put out? SpeedGrade isn't my favorite program anyway. This is just another reason to move to another program. Maybe I can do without Premiere too? They've already pissed me off with the stupid subscription service and every little upgrade means you can't work with even the smallest past version. God I'd hate to go back to Final Cut. What other software do you guys use? A coworker raves about Davinci . . .

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 5:57:06 pm

Speedgrade is probably dead. I'd recommend Resolve. You can try out the free version.

Return to posts index

Andy FieldRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 11:59:53 pm

is there a good round trip workflow with Resolve? Or must you CC at the end -- and render out in resolve?

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 11:40:47 am

[Andy Field] "is there a good round trip workflow with Resolve? "

Yeah. Test it out. Resolve can import XMLs.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 7:42:09 pm

[Chris Smith] "A coworker raves about Davinci . . ."

DaVinci is great. You should cancel your subscription today and move everything over to it. It does everything you need and more.

Return to posts index

Scott WitthausRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 1:10:06 pm

[Gary Huff] "It does everything you need and more.
"

Except be a rock solid editor. Look at Resolve as a cc/ finishing platform. Do your creative editorial elsewhere and head to Resolve for color when your picture is locked.

Scott Witthaus
Senior Editor/Post Production Supervisor
1708 Inc./Editorial
Professor, VCU Brandcenter

Return to posts index

Robert NewtonRe: PP CC 2015 v 10.3.0 (202) Build - DON'T UPGRADE if you color correct
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 12:51:39 pm

There's a very active thread about this on the Adobe forums. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2170422

We're informed by Adobe that if enough people fill out a Bug Report or Feature request here... http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html
they will consider re-establishing the DirectLink.

Yep, I plan on moving to Resolve, but I'm backed up for months with SpeedGrade CC work, and there's no practical way to transition at this point.

Please add your name to the Bug Report (though, yes, it's not technically a bug, but still that's what they're telling us to do) if you'd like to see SpeedGrade/Premiere pipeline live on. At least for another version or so, giving us all time to transition to Resolve.

Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]