ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex LorianCan't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 11:56:44 am

Importer is reporting a generic error.

1080p footage working fine.

I can't find any other examples of this happening when I search. Just got the program today but I've used it before.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 12:06:44 pm

I don't know if this will help but it's a start. I have no problem whatsoever importing G7 4K, and, as you've noticed, no one else has reported the problem with GH4 footage, so it can't be Premiere Pro. Possibly your SD card got corrupted? Have you tried shooting some quick footage in your kitchen or back yard on a different SD card and loading THAT into PPro?

Return to posts index

Alex LorianRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 12:13:44 pm

Thanks! It seems I didn't do my proper checking before I posted this, which is embarassing... I'd tried a few clips from that folder and none of them were working, but now I've tried a few others in other folders and even the same one from the same shoot, and they work fine! So it's just those few clips. Any thoughts on a quick way to losslessly convert them then?

Also maybe worth mentioning they've gone through pluraleyes for syncing but so have other clips that worked fine.

Return to posts index

Alex LorianRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 12:14:08 pm

Oh and it imports fine into Vegas.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 30, 2016 at 1:02:17 pm

For that I'd wait for advice from the more experienced here. I'm just an amateur, although what I do is ingest "copy and create proxies" with the proxies being DNxHD... mxf files.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 2:29:28 am

[Duke Sweden] "what I do is ingest "copy and create proxies" with the proxies being DNxHD... mxf files."

This doesn't work when Premiere cannot import the clips.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 1, 2016 at 4:05:03 am

I believe I already helped him with his problem. Try to keep up, Gary. Once again you've ignored the original problem and chose to respond to something I said which has nothing to do with anything. But thanks for proving that YOU were the cause of the last problem we had.

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 12:22:05 pm
Last Edited By Gary Huff on Aug 1, 2016 at 12:23:56 pm

[Duke Sweden] ". Once again you've ignored the original problem and chose to respond to something I said which has nothing to do with anything."

The original problem is that Premiere won't import certain clips from an SD card full of clips. That is still an ongoing problem. The solution is to transcode them using Vegas, not using Premiere, like you suggested.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Can't import 4k GH4 footage at all!
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 8:28:55 am

[Alex Lorian] "I'd tried a few clips from that folder and none of them were working, but now I've tried a few others in other folders and even the same one from the same shoot, and they work fine!"

Have you checked your folder permissions/tried to copy the files to another drive?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]