ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry O'BrienEyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 29, 2016 at 10:43:07 pm

I just upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox

I am running:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3,
The graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB.
I am running: OS X 10.11.6 (15G31), Kernal version: Darwin 15.6.0
OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

Everything was fine, up until this last Premiere CC upgrade last week!

I just started this green screen project.The eye-dropper for "ultra-key" does not allow me to pick a color. If I use the eyedropper tool to try to select the green shade in the background color box flickers and then returns a black value when clicked.

If I try to select the eyedropper tool in the color picker, it will not select the color.

If I "eyeball the color," then Ultra Key works, but this process is very trial and error, and time consuming!

There is a fellow on the Adobe Forum who fixed the same problem, by " I just upgraded to Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3,
The graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB.
I am running: OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)m, Kernal version: Darwin 15.6.0
OS X 10.11.6 (15G31)

Everything was fine, up until this Premiere CC upgrade last week!

I just started this green screen project.The eye-dropper for "ultra-key" does not allow me to pick a color. If I use the eyedropper tool to try to select the green shade in the background color box flickers and then returns a black value when clicked.

I try to select the eyedropper tool in the color picker it will not select the color.

If I "eyeball the color," then Ultra Key works, but this process is very trial and error, and time consuming!

There is a editor on Adobe Forum who says that, "I ran as a root user and ran Premiere, magically problem solved. I had to create a new admin user, copy over all my documents/personal files, then delete the old user, and use the new user as my default."

Before I try this - it sounds crazy to me - has anyone else heard of this situation?

I thank you in advance for your time and trouble,

Barry O'Brien

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 1:48:46 am

I had this same problem upon upgrading (I'm on a PC). The background actually changes to black, not alpha black. I have a green screen with some distinct folds in it and you could clearly see them. I'm pointing this out because the first few people who tried to help me insisted that without a background layer of course it's going to appear black, but it wasn't transparent, it was my green screen in black.

Anyway I don't know if this will help you but my problem got fixed by rebooting.

Return to posts index

Barry O'BrienRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 9:48:07 pm

Thank you, Duke, for responding:

I know that I shot clean, very controlled green screen. So I know that's not the issue.

My issue is some sort of a software issue:

1.) I drop Ultra Key on the clip.
2.) In the effects controls I select the "eyedropper" tool and select an area of green.
3.) If I just click once, it will not pick up the color, and nothing will happen.
4.) If I click repeatedly, I will get this banding as I described - this part sounds a little bit like the your description, and the background may turn grey of black - or it may go back to just the green screen clip. The basic think here is that it will not pick up the Key.
5.) Not, If I click on the color selector box in the effects control, and try to select the approximate color, Ultra key will pick up the Key, but of course, without the precision., and setting a clean key takes longer.

I did not have this problem with the last version of Premiere Pro CC.
I am running EL Capitan, not Maverick.
Rebooting has no effect.
Something is up.

Barry O'Brien

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 30, 2016 at 10:02:36 pm

Hey,
I only brought up my wrinkly green screen to point out that I could clearly see I wasn't getting a clean key but, rather, my green screen was just turning black. I could still see the folds. That's all I meant, not that it's the fault of the green screen.

If it helps, my problem did go away and I'm still green screening with no problems. I'm sure you'll get sorted out soon. As long as David Huff doesn't come along to tell you he NEVER has that, or any other, problem, you'll be ok (Inside joke). ;-)

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 31, 2016 at 1:16:10 am

Not sure what's happening, but I've done a few greenscreen projects with 2015.3, including this week, with no Ultra Key issues.

Maybe try one of the other color pickers (titler, gradient, something else anyway) - in order to see if that implementation of it works?

For what it's worth, I'm on Win7 Pro on an HP. So that's another variable to consider.

Return to posts index

Matt GaluszewskiRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Jul 31, 2016 at 7:58:33 am

I am also on a iMac, Late 2014, same OS, same Premiere version. I will publish full specs if you like.

Anyway, for what it's worth I don't have any problems here.

If you hold down the SHIFT key while you move the eye dropper around on the colour you are trying to key do you get a preview of the key?

Return to posts index

Barry O'BrienRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Aug 1, 2016 at 3:39:08 pm

Barry Here.

To make this problem easier to see, I made a video with my iPhone demonstrating the problem:

Go to:

Thank you for your help. I'm really stuck.

Barry

Return to posts index

Matt GaluszewskiRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Aug 2, 2016 at 7:56:35 pm
Last Edited By Matt Galuszewski on Aug 2, 2016 at 7:57:27 pm

Do you get a preview of the key if you hold down Shift while you have use the ultra key eye dropper?

Return to posts index

Bob PierceRe: Eyedropper Does Not Work in Ultra Key on Premiere Pro CC 2015, V. 10.3.0 (202) Blue Fox
by on Aug 6, 2016 at 1:34:27 pm

Hi Barry!
Are you using a dual screen configuration by chance? I used to have this problem and found if I switched to single screen (collecting all of premieres windows to my primary screen) the eye dropper worked again. Worth a shot. I'm using the same iMac - No issues here with the latest update.
Bob Pierce

Return to posts index

by on Aug 6, 2016 at 3:21:12 pm

To all the folks that kindly offered suggestions, "Soaring Chickens" on the Adobe Premiere Pro Forum had the solution, belive it or not, I spent the last 3.5 hours on the phone with Rahul S. of Adobe, and he tried everything, In the end, exactly as Soaring Chicken said, I needed to set up a new user account and reload Premire Pro.

Under Rahul's guidance, I first ran as a root user and ran Premiere, magically problem solved. Having proven the fix, I had to create a new admin user, copy over all my documents/personal files, then delete the old user, and use the new user as my default.

Sounds crazy, but that's what fixed it.

Thank you all,

Barry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]