ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew gregoryPremiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks
by on Jul 29, 2016 at 4:53:07 am

I am relatively new to Premiere after running in it for about 3 months after 8 years of editing in FCP. I am in Pro CC 10.3 and running on a Mac with 10.11.5.

On the last two projects i've worked on, as the project starts to get more complicated, Premiere starts to have trouble tracking the position of my mouse. If i grab a clip on track V2 and drag it directly to the right, although my mouse remains over V2, the footage pops down to V1. If i try to drag new footage into a bin, i have to wildly mouse around above the bin until it becomes highlighted when i get my mouse into the right phantom position.

any ideas on what could be causing this? is this a glitch, or some sort of setting i have accidentally nudged? note that on both the projects i've had this issue it was only after working in it for a couple of days that the issue appeared.

thanks in advance! long time reader, first time poster.
andrew

Return to posts index

Clayton CavanessRe: Premiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 2:14:41 pm

I am having this exact same problem. Did you find a solution or fix?

Return to posts index

andrew gregoryRe: Premiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 3:57:08 pm

nope! i have yet to find any wisdom on it. it's happened in multiple projects, and basically only starts happening as the project gets more complex.

Return to posts index

Greg LeslieRe: Premiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks
by on Aug 5, 2016 at 10:24:46 pm

same problem here -- running 2015.3 and 10.11.5 on a MacPro, using a Wacom Intuos tablet. Just started happening. Frustrating as hell.

Return to posts index

Greg LeslieRe: Premiere does not correctly track position of mouse when moving tracks
by on Aug 6, 2016 at 3:33:40 pm

Hey - Try trashing your preferences (I used the Digital Rebellion app). It just now worked for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]