ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Resizing Titles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack BonnettResizing Titles
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 9:31:11 am

Hi there,

sorry if this is an obvious question but I've just been handed a piece of work that has been offlined with stock footage at a low res (596x336) I now need to replace the offline with the genuine 1920x1080 clips. In general this is fine but where I'm slightly stuck is with the titles that have been added across a lot of the footage.

I was wondering if it was possible to simply reinterpret all the title clips to 1920x1080 or if I'd have to remake them all at that scale and replace them back in. I'm assuming that simply scaling the current clips up by 300% is going to lead to a loss in quality.

I'm assuming it's going to be remake but fingers crossed there is a technique that I don't know about...... beyond, should've done them in Photoshop!

As always thanks for the help folks.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Resizing Titles
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 10:09:34 am

Only way I can think of is open title then hit New title based on current title and change the resolution.
Might need to do some scaling with the text.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Resizing Titles
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 4:07:58 pm

FYI, the lesson to be learned here is, ALWAYS make your proxies the same pixel dimensions as your camera original. Prices should be a lower bitrate, but NEVER smaller pixel dimensions.

And, that should hold true for 4K proxies as well, unless you plan to throw away the project after mastering to 1080, and you know you'll never need a 4K master, ever.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]