ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenHow to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 10:06:22 pm

I want to create an ingest preset that I can load into the Ingest settings of a Premiere Pro project, but the instructions on Adobe's site are very vague. I've followed the steps and made a preset using DNxHD codec, but when I load it into Premiere Pro it changes the dropdown from Copy and create Proxies, to only Copy. I see where the presets for Copy and Create Proxies are all named "Copy & (Name of codec)", for example.

I also get an error saying that the codec I'm trying to use is for encoding only. So, basically, I'm kind of lost here. I just want to create an ingest preset that uses DNxHD...etc. instead of GoPro Cineform to create my proxies. Or is the GoPro codec better for editing with than the DNxHD codec?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 10:11:40 am

In the Project Settings there is an option for ingest settings.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Al BergsteinRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 3:17:58 pm

The ingest preset create function appears to be in Media Encoder. I think you call the created presets in Pr. Maybe you can create them in both or they can be created for one off scenarios in Pr and multiple ingest in Encoder. There are some very interesting new capabilities of the ingest feature.
By the way:
Just got the new Larry Jordan web training on the new features of Premiere, which includes new features of Media Encoder, Lumetri and Audition as well. Cost me $24 or so, runs just under 50 minutes and I watched it last night. It's an excellent overview of all these various new features. You can download the file to your device so you can watch it anywhere without internet connectivity. Larry has always known how to get right to the point of the needs of editors. Highly recommended. I have no financial interest in the product.

Al

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 28, 2016 at 1:45:47 pm

Perhaps I didn't make my request clear enough. I know the steps to supposedly create ingest presets. What I'm saying is they're not accepted as ingest presets, but rather "encode" presets which can't be used, no matter which codec I choose. I get this error message:

The included ingest presets don't show up in AME. There are 3 gopro cineform presets but in AME they're not the same as the ingest presets. None of the presets I've chosen so far (I've tried 3 of them) will work, they're all "encode" presets, not "ingest" presets. So, HOW DO I CREATE AN INGEST PRESET!!???!!!

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 28, 2016 at 10:17:48 pm

You know what, if someone can tell me (yes, I've googled it, no, I don't get a satisfactory reply) how to add a watermark to an existing ingest preset I'll be good. I figured out how to create ingest presets but they're still too heavy for my system. I read that the cineform gopro preset is the way to go, but I just want to add a watermark to it, but they don't show up in AME's preset list, as I mentioned above.

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:22:50 am

Just watch the video I link to below. It will show you everything you need to know about the proxy workflow, including adding watermarks. Happy viewing. :-)

Return to posts index

by on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:35:03 am

Thanks, Robert, but I watched that yesterday. The how-to part starts at 13:18. This is precisely what I was talking about when I say I followed all the steps. Anyway, I picked one of the cineform gopro codecs and added a watermark and saved it. Haven't used it yet. Too disgusted with how laggy my PC has gotten.

Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:50:50 am

Well, I used it, it won't accept it because it is an encode preset, grrrrr.... tried another one, a DNxHD SQ preset, that worked, but the watermark is not being applied....grrrr....

Return to posts index

Robert d'AlexisRe: How to create an "Ingest Preset" for copying and creating proxies
by on Jul 29, 2016 at 1:56:09 am

[Duke Sweden] "but I watched that yesterday"
Oops, sorry for flogging a dead horse.

[Duke Sweden] "Too disgusted with how laggy my PC has gotten."
Well, I guess that's a different kettle of fish. :-)

Return to posts index

by on Jul 29, 2016 at 2:40:51 am

I've only made one preset that shows the watermark, but the files are still too heavy to work with. I think I need to just step away for a bit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]