ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Fit-to-FIll

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael JonesFit-to-FIll
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 3:40:14 pm
Last Edited By Michael Jones on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:15:44 pm

AARGH! Trying to do a fit-to-fill edit, and as far as I can tell, I'm following all the right steps in the tutorials I've seen. I've marked an in and out in my sequence, then I mark an in and out on the clip in my source window. I have my track in the sequence highlighted (V1 on the right of the lock icon) and I've targeted the track (V1 on the left of the lock icon). I hit the overwrite icon (looks like a small square with a down arrow on top of a solid rectangle, right next to the camera export frame icon). What happens is the out point marked on the source is ignored, so the clip plays back until it hits the out point of the sequence, so it's not fitting within the space, it's just cutting off. So frustrating. I wold expect when I hit the overwrite key, I should get a Fit Clip window but I'm not. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

UPDATE: Found the issue...the Fit Clip window is a preference that has to be check in the GENERAL preferences tab. I suppose they give you the option to uncheck it so the window is not constantly popping up whenever a clip doesn't match in and out on the timeline. Which is why fit-to-fill really should have its own button.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Fit-to-FIll
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 9:23:41 pm

http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]