ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe premiere export settings for Best quality and lowest filesize?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave JohnsonAdobe premiere export settings for Best quality and lowest filesize?
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 7:53:19 am

I am using adobe premiere pro cs6

I am running windows 8.1 (64 bit)

I am trying to cut a portion of duration 7min. 15s minutes from a big video. I am using h264 encoding for the final output as an mp4 file. The sad part is, I am choosing bitrate of 3mbps and still the quality is low (gets pixelated at some points and has low resolution) of the final output of video. The final video has 1920x1080 dimensions but the resolution i.e. the dpi seems to be low.

The source video has a bit rate of 1792 kbps and looks very sharp. What should I do so that my final video is crisp?

The official music videos and trailers on youtube have a very sharp quality and a low file size. I want the same settings for exporting my videos such that the quality is the highest and the file size is the lowest. I shoot videos from my phone camera. It makes a 7-8 minute mp4 file video of 1GB file size. On the other hand, a very high quality youtube video of 720 p resolution of approximately 1 hour 15 minutes length has that file size.

What settings can I use in Adobe premiere export settings to get the same result?

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: Adobe premiere export settings for Best quality and lowest filesize?
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:02:20 pm

[Dave Johnson] "What settings can I use in Adobe premiere export settings to get the same result?"

This is what I use for such an occasion for 1080 videos.

H.264
Profile: High
Level: 4.1
VBR 2-pass
Target: 4Mbps
Maximum: 8Mbps
Key Frame Distance: 240
Audio Quality: High
Audio Bitrate: 128kps

Check the box for Maximum Render Quality only if you're doing any scaling, either up or down. If all of your source footage is the same resolution that you're rendering out as, then you can leave this unchecked.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Adobe premiere export settings for Best quality and lowest filesize?
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 4:52:45 pm

Thanks for replying. I'll surely try this out to tomorrow an give you feedback.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Adobe premiere export settings for Best quality and lowest filesize?
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 9:27:53 pm

There is no dpi in video its all about the pixels dimension.
dpi is for printing.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]