ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Upgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa OlshanskiUpgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips
by on Jul 23, 2016 at 2:42:41 pm

Hi All- I just upgraded to 2015.3 before beginning a new project. Yesterday when I was making subclips, they would be called subclips like normal. Today, Premier says the name of the subclip will end in subclip but in my bin it changes to the name of the master clip but still with the subclip icon. If I make another subclip from the master clip Premiere puts _1, _2, and so on after the clip name instead of subclip. Anyone else see this? Is this a bug?

Not affecting my work but just thought it was weird.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro- Mac OS ver. 10.9.3- Processor 2.3GHz- 16GB memory
Final Cut 7
Adobe Premiere CC

Return to posts index

Lisa OlshanskiRe: Upgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips
by on Jul 23, 2016 at 3:16:34 pm

And another weird thing that has been happening since upgrading.... Media Encoder (I upgraded this to the latest version too) keeps opening and encodes some of my footage but I never told it to do anything. Any idea what is going on? So, weird.

MacBook Pro- Mac OS ver. 10.10.3- Processor 2.5GHz- 16GB memory
Final Cut 7
Adobe Premiere CC

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Upgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips
by on Jul 23, 2016 at 4:55:17 pm

As for your Media Encoder problem it's possible you have Premiere Pro set up to create proxies. If that's the case Media Encoder will do as you've described; suddenly open up and begin creating proxies of your ingested files. Yeah, I know, it's really a whole new ballgame with this new version. Even Audition is acting weird. Luckily I re-installed the previous version of that program and Premiere Pro will send audio files to it without complaint.

Return to posts index

Lisa OlshanskiRe: Upgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips
by on Jul 23, 2016 at 5:25:48 pm

@Duke. You are right. I think it was copying my footage but I had already copied it manually. I unchecked the injest box in Media Browser. Cool new feature though for when I want to use it.

Final Cut 7
Adobe Premiere CC

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2016 at 3:20:06 pm

There are a lot of weird, annoying bugs. With me, when I go to create bins, I can create two. After that instead of creating a new bin it highlights the name of my first bin, i.e. if I have a bin named "images" and I start typing "sequences" it changes the "images" bin to "sequences". If I retype "images" I get a double vision like effect, "images" with "images" slightly to the right and bottom. And when I want to open a bin, it will open 4 or 5 instances of that bin instead of one. Annoying as hell.

Also I can't transcode to DNxHD from Premiere Pro to AME. I can only do it from Prelude. Otherwise there is no video, only audio.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2016 at 3:33:08 pm

I just found that every time I make a subclip, Media Encoder opens and that's when my clip name changes from subclip to _#. WTF? Can I go back and reinstall the older version of Premiere and open this new project in an older project?

Final Cut 7
Adobe Premiere CC

Return to posts index

by on Jul 23, 2016 at 4:52:24 pm

No. I just tried it since I kept my old Premiere Pro, and you will get an error message saying "This project was saved in a newer version of Premiere Pro and cannot be opened in this version".

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

by on Jul 24, 2016 at 6:44:05 pm

Can't we all just get along? I hate how people are rude on Creative Cow help forums. It almost makes me scared to ask for help.

Anyway, my whole problem was solved by just unchecking ingest in Media Browser.

Have a nice day, y'all!

Final Cut 7
Adobe Premiere CC

Return to posts index

Tim WilsonRe: Upgraded to 2015.3 and my subclips are no longer called subclips
by on Jul 24, 2016 at 10:44:54 pm

Lisa, please accept my official apology. You're quite right, this thread spun out of control, completely in violation of our terms of service, which explicitly forbid the kind of exchanges here. It's been years since I've turned off even a single post for breaking the rules, but here were eight that fell outside the lines.

Two quick reminders:

1) There are no circumstances when it's ever appropriate to post about other posters, their motives, or their intelligence. Please feel to report such posts to us, and we'll respond swiftly and appropriately. Even in our full-contact debate forums, where we're a bit more lax about such things, there are limits.

2) There is in fact an Ignore button! Click on a member's name, which will take you to their profile. (You'll see an ignore button in the upper left, just under their picture. From then on, you won't see their posts at all.

Actually, just above the ignore button, directly under the picture in the upper left of someone's profile page, you'll find a "Subscribe" button. A much happier option. Please use that one for all the people whose posts tend to make you happy. You'll get an alert every time they post, anywhere in the COW. This is one of my favorite features in the COW.

Although, as a confession, I did in fact also invent the Ignore button. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Lisa, thanks again.

Apologies to you and everyone else for intervening in a fashion that I do everything I can to avoid. In the meantime, I've closed the thread for further replies. If anyone has any problems with any of this, please feel to write me directly (tim at etc etc), and I'll happily discuss it.

Regards,

Tim Wilson
Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]