ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Missing portions of audio after import

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel WhitneyMissing portions of audio after import
by on Jul 22, 2016 at 3:56:27 pm

Hi, guys.

Weird issue: Sometimes when I import particularly long clips into Premiere (CC 2015) from my XA25, occasional bits of audio are missing, which then causes the later portion to be out of sync. This usually happens 1 or 2 times of the course of a, say, hour long recording. On playback, the video remains normal, but the audio suddenly jumps forward 30 or 40 frames (I shoot in 59.94). There doesn't appear to be a way to regain the original audio from within Premiere. If I play back the raw footage with a video player, everything appears to be fine, so it seems to be happening at the Premiere level.

I've managed to fix the issue by recording the audio for the missing portions out of VLC and pasting it in place, but that's a huge pain.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Has anyone seen this happening? Does it happen in the new 2015.3 release? (I'm in an enterprise situation, so I can't upgrade until our IT staff builds an installer.)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Missing portions of audio after import
by on Jul 22, 2016 at 4:55:14 pm

What kind of video files does that thing make? Does Canon have a utility to transcode it to a better codec, which is almost always a good thing to do?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joel WhitneyRe: Missing portions of audio after import
by on Jul 25, 2016 at 1:14:30 pm

Hi, Dave.
The camera will record AVCHD or MP4, but only does 35 Mbps with MP4, so that's what I use. I'd prefer not to transcode, as it seems to work so well imported directly (except for the issue above, of course). If transcoding is still the best solution, is there any reason to transcode the entire file, or should I just import the video and audio separately?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]