ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can I import dynamic link files from After Effects, then replace the comps with new ones?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kit websterCan I import dynamic link files from After Effects, then replace the comps with new ones?
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 2:03:54 pm

I have some comps I have imported from AE, after I have made all the edits, can I think replace the comp files with a different comp?

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Can I import dynamic link files from After Effects, then replace the comps with new ones?
by on Jul 21, 2016 at 7:30:32 pm

No....

but you can change what's in the comps in AE....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

kit websterRe: Can I import dynamic link files from After Effects, then replace the comps with new ones?
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 11:28:56 am

The reason I ask is that I have a number of 2d textures I am creating in After Effects, however these are designed for projection onto a sculpture made up of 3 archways, so in AE I have masked out the texture and distorted sections in 3D to show what it looks like when its mapped to the sculpture.

For instance this is how I have it setup in AE:

The reason I want to edit the final composition in premiere is because I am making lots of small edits to a sound composition, its just not working in AE with the new preview engine as far as I can work out.

Is some way I can edit a 3D mockup in premiere and output the corresponding 2d texture? Is there a similar 3d masking feature as in AE?

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Can I import dynamic link files from After Effects, then replace the comps with new ones?
by on Jul 26, 2016 at 2:45:56 pm

Let me see if I understand you...

So the 2d textures and sound need to follow each other....

you are using the mock up in output in AE to previz the final....

but your actual output from AE will be the 2d textures (for use in the actual projection)...

the issue you are having is that....you are not getting the feedback you need in AE to do the design you want to do?

(meaning it's not possible to get the sound and visuals in line)...

Do I understand correctly?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]