ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Can't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christina EmpedoclesCan't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 4:34:02 am

Hello wise Premiere Pro community,

I am having a problem with not being able to drag or insert new clips onto my timeline I have a sequence selected. I have V1 and A1 selected, but none of the clips that I have in my project will stick in the time line. I get a hand crossed through circle. I am sure there's some little thing checked or not checked that has made this happen, but I can't find it anywhere. I checked all the tracks to make sure they aren't locked... Any suggestions?

I'd be so grateful if someone has an idea of how to clear this up.

Very best,
Christina

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Can't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 8:43:27 pm

Christina, do you have V1 and A1 selected on both the source AND record columns of the patch panel?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-LaingRe: Can't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!
by on Jul 20, 2016 at 6:13:16 am

Make sure there's no in and out set on time line.
Right click next to the scrubber and clear in and out points.

Tom Morter-Laing
Twitter- @T_G_M_L

iMac 27" intel i7 3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD 6970M [2GB GDDR5], 3x G-Tech G-RAID (0) 2TB over Thunderbolt via Sonnet Echo Pro ExpressCard/34 Thunderbolt adapter and Tempo™ SATA Pro 6Gb ExpressCard/34.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Can't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 11:05:04 pm

Most common user error is not source patching the tracks.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Christina EmpedoclesRe: Can't drag clips to my timeline... It was working just a minute ago?!
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 11:11:46 pm

Ah! Ann, you're amazing! Thank you so much for this super helpful explanation. I am so grateful — You saved my sanity!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]