ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio missing on imported clips in 2015.3

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler KingAudio missing on imported clips in 2015.3
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 9:03:16 pm

Since the update, some of my old h.264 exported files don't import into projects with audio. They come in as video only.

It's strange because all the files I'm importing were made with Premiere, and exported with similar or the same settings (h.264, 1080p, usually the same bit rates, audio compression is all the same).

But some import with video and audio, some import with just video. Oddly, there are two files that have different results - one is the full video and doesn't have audio when I import it, one is a shorter version of that same video and *does* have audio when I import it.

This was the whole reason I went with CC was because my old Premiere could never recognize audio on imported MTS files. Now I can't even get audio to appear on files that were created with Premiere! Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to go through all of my old video files and run some batch conversion to make them an acceptable format if I don't have to.

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Audio missing on imported clips in 2015.3
by on Jul 17, 2016 at 12:45:06 pm

Trash all media cache, rename folder the footage is in and try again.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]