ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

What's going on?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim WilliamsWhat's going on?
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 7:00:58 pm

What are the reasons that the entire menu for clips might be grayed out? I have a video and audio clip marked for syncing, but all the options for the clip pulldown menu are grayed out. Obviously some condition is not met, but I am too green with this software to have a clue. Ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: What's going on?
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 10:39:49 pm

They're highlighted? The timeline is active?

Return to posts index

Jim WilliamsRe: What's going on?
by on Jul 17, 2016 at 12:48:22 am

yes, to both. Actually don't know how the timeline would be inactive, but yes, as far as I can tell.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: What's going on?
by on Jul 17, 2016 at 2:36:08 am

What he means is, is the timeline panel "active", as in is it outlined in blue. If you try to export Media but the timeline or the program monitor is not highlighted, that option will be grayed out.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 17, 2016 at 2:58:36 am

Well, both clips are highlighted on the timeline. Is there a way for the timeline NOT to be highlighted if both clips are?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: What's going on?
by on Jul 17, 2016 at 11:35:08 am

Yes. Although the probability is unlikely, the possibility exists. See attached photo. I have an adjustment layer, one of many video clips, and the audio track selected, but the blue outline is on my Program panel. However, if I right click on the clips I don't get a grayed out menu, which is your actual problem, so I'm stumped, but then again, I'm definitely not the final source of wisdom. I'm sure someone will figure it out for you.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 18, 2016 at 9:59:37 pm

Finally made this work! Today, when I dotted all the i's and crossed the T's, it all worked!

Return to posts index

Ht DavisRe: What's going on?
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 9:14:08 am

I've had that happen. For some reason, this feature seems to be built for MULTICAM modes, not just multi audio. You have to make sure each audio track has a corresponding video track, even if it doesn't have any video on it. I've had the menu grey out with 6 cams (with their own audio) and an audio track of my own mix, when the last audio track didn't have a video track number to connect with. Once I added the video track, saved, closed, and reopened, everything worked. It's looking for a timecode to use, which is usually defined by a video track, not audio, at least in premiere.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]