ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Roth Weiss2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:56:43 pm

Just spend 24-hours in reinstall mode, only to be told by Blackmagic Support that there is a bug that will not install their presets, which means no I/O of audio or video via their cards and devices.

When will this be fixed? Their answer was: "We don't know if it will be 3-days, 3-weeks, or 3-months.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper, and so I'm warning everyone here before you too get hosed by Blackmagic.

BTW, I upgraded only because my client mysteriously installed 2015.3 and of course I could not open their project in the previous version of 2015.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Oliver PetersRe: 2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 10:24:54 pm

I have not had any issues with this combo. That's with Mac Pro towers.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: 2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 11:23:16 pm

Well, you are a lucky fella Oliver, cuz I spent over an hour chatting with BM Tech Support, who were able to recreate the issue on their end, which they said is a bug. So, who knows???

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: 2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 11:50:48 pm

Sorry about your issues David!

So far it's working here:
MacPro 5,1
OS 10.11.5
GTX Titan X
Decklink SDI 4K

Desktop Video 10.7
CUDA 7.5.30
NVIDIA Driver Manager 346.03.10f02

Adobe CC 2015 latest
PrP 10.3.0
AE 13.8
DaVinci Resolve 12.5

Can you be more specific about your problems and give us your hardware & software configuration?

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: 2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 10:14:10 pm

Hi David,

The folks at Blackmagic wrote back last night and told me that the bug somehow caused all my Blackmagic Presets not to install. They sent them all to me and told me to install them here: /Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.3/Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.app/Contents/Settings/SequencePresets - however, that folder does not exist... I suspect the BM Tech Support guys are not yet familiar with the latest version of Premiere, which might explain a few things. :)

So, I cannot seem to find where the Presets are stored in Premiere CC 2015.3 - have you got any idea?

Of course Adobe and BM support are both closed for the weekend.

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

David BaudRe: 2015.3 ALERT: Do not upgrade if you have a Blackmagic I/O card
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 10:34:50 pm

Yes that folder exists but it is part of the Package Contents of your app, which is hidden from the regular window.

Right click on your app (or CTRL click) Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015.app and select Show Package Contents: that will open a new finder window with access of the folder structure they are talking about.

Good luck in resolving your problem,

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

by on Jul 16, 2016 at 11:42:17 pm
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Jul 16, 2016 at 11:51:56 pm

Thanks David! You showed me something I had long ago forgotten, but unfortunately copying the BM Presets into the folder did not make them appear inside Premiere.

What a messed-up situation... I have been working to solve this for 48-hours, including a ground-up install of El Captitan, Premiere, and all normal drivers, which really should have worked. But NOPE, it did not... So, now that I'm days behind on the project I'm working on, which must be done in Premiere 2015.3, because my client is using it, I can't use my BM Decklink for monitoring and instead have to rely on headphones and computer displays.

At least now that I absolutely, positively know I've tried everything, at least I can move forward, albeit monitoring audio and video in ways I'm NOT very pleased with.

BTW, t's also ironic that I could have switched over to an older Matrox MXO2 LE, except for the fact that they are no longer supporting Premiere. UGH!!!

David Roth Weiss
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]