ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Portion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron DozierPortion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 3:49:48 pm

I have a video I exported from media encoder, with the Youtube preset. I uploaded to youtube, and everything looks and sounds fine when played on a computer, and the file itself is good to go, obviously if its playing fine on youtube right? Well there is a portion of the video where someone is being interviewed, and when the video is played on youtube on a mobile device, this interview portion is muted. The entire audio track has been sent to Adobe Audition, cleaned up and brought back into Premiere, so all of the audio is on one track, including his portion, its all the same audio track. The file is self contained on youtube, why would it pick a portion of audio to mute like this, it is so bizarre and confusing I'm laughing my ass off at how illogical this is.

I can't send you a link to the video because the company I work for wants it private and has client info, etc.

Does anyone know whats happening? Please, f you feel inclined to make a smug or rude comment regarding your knowledge vs my knowledge, please refrain from answering this post, I am just looking for help solving this specific problem, not for a lecture or a vent session from you. Thanks very much in advance!

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Portion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 4:29:02 pm

Is all the audio muted in this section or does other audio (like music) continue to play? I'm assuming you tried re-uploading and still run into the issue. If not, do that first. If the files plays fine on your computer but not on a mobile device, this most likely points to a bad conversion by YouTube. Most video hosts transcode your video several times and play different versions depending on the device and connection speed.

Return to posts index

Cameron DozierRe: Portion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 5:26:28 pm

Thanks very much for the response. I tried re-uploading the same file and the problem was still there. I tried sending my sequence to Adobe Audition again, and I mixed all the audio into one stereo track. The music still plays during his sequence, but his audio doesn't.....so confused. At this point his audio is embedded into one track with everything else...I don't even know how it would be possible for youtube to go in there are isolate his audio...like, isn't that impossible? It's an Mp4 with stereo audio....how would it isolate him?! Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Portion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 6:20:13 pm

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8715693#8715693

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Cameron DozierRe: Portion of Audio in Youtube Video is Mute on Mobile
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 7:33:46 pm

This worked thanks, just had to mono the source media, never would have guessed this problem would pop up like this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]