ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Sampling a white object to apply to another area in a clip

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim MaloneySampling a white object to apply to another area in a clip
by on Jul 14, 2016 at 12:24:40 am

Hi All,

I'm a Producer/Cameraman - not an editor or colour grader...

I shot a piece in a Medical theatre and had to adjust my shutter/EVS to correct pulsing the surgeons LED Headlight was adding to the frame.

When shooting under Flourescents part way through the surgery - away from the Surgeons Headlight, whilst demoing a piece of surgical equipment the Camera was reacting to the flourescents in the room and the cameras Colour as recorded was rolling through a cycle of green red and blue hues.

I switched the shutter off and the problem went away - needless to say I have a Demo that looks like it was partly shot in a night club!

The one constant in the Demo scenario is a Light Switch on the wall behind the equipment we were shooting both in the period the cameras colour was floating and after the shutter was turned off and the Cameras balance was correct.

From the correctly clour balanced footage ( after I turned the cameras shutter off ) that shows the Light Switch, can we Lasoo /eyedropper/however - sample that white Light switch.

Then find the Lightswitch in frame in the clip where the colour is drifting, apply the correctly coloured lightswitch sample to the badly coloured light switch and apply.

Will Luminetri analyse the whole two minutes of floating colour footage using the Correct lightswitch sample as a base and correct?

Best

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]