ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Film dissolve bug?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SlemmonsFilm dissolve bug?
by on Jul 11, 2016 at 5:29:04 am

I noticed the following issue recently in a couple of projects. It only happens in exported files, not in the program window.

When I apply film dissolve to a title, either a PNG file or a title made in premiere using the title maker, AND I adjust the opacity in the effects control panel, the title fades in from 0% opacity to 100& opacity during the film dissolve transition and then jumps back down to the opacity that I have adjusted it to in the effects control panel. So what you end up with is a title the fades in to 100% and then jumps abruptly down.

Any idea what Premiere does this? If I change the opacity of the text before I export it to a PNG file, I'm using InDesign to make my titles, then there isn't an issue. Alternatively if I change the opacity in the title maker window in Premiere then there similarly is no issue. It only happens when I adjust opacity in the effects control panel.

The issue is also only visible when I export the file. Doesn't matter what I'm exporting to, all file types show the issue.

I'm using the following setup:
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB

Premiere Pro CC v9.2.0 (41) Build

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul NeumannRe: Film dissolve bug?
by on Jul 11, 2016 at 9:44:29 pm

Try nesting the title with the lowered opacity applied then apply the dissolve effect to that.

Return to posts index

Tom SlemmonsRe: Film dissolve bug?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 6:49:09 am

Thanks. After messing around with this for quite a while I decided to just avoid the issue all together by not adjusting the opacity and applying film dissolve. I feel like this is definitely a bug. I guess I'll try to alert Adobe to the issue.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Film dissolve bug?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 8:16:08 am

Excuse my ignorance but isn't it easier to just apply the film dissolve? I'm not criticizing your technique, I'm an amateur. I'm just curious why you do it your way.

Return to posts index

Tom SlemmonsRe: Film dissolve bug?
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 9:02:42 am

The issue comes up when I need a title to be semi-transparent AND fade in.

Sorry if my explanation isn't very clear.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]