ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Copy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armando CiuranaCopy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3
by on Jul 10, 2016 at 11:29:58 pm

Hi! I just tried the new feature Copy and Create Proxy and is a real pain, During the ingest and Proxy creation, works exactly as advertised, but once I want to cut my video. the proxy stutters, lags, and freezes more than the original file in 4K.
The original file is a XAVC-I/MXF From Sony FS-7 3840 x 2160 at 23.98 fps and the proxy format is 1280 x 720 Apple ProRes 422, same frame rate.

If I load just the proxy files in a new project, they run perfect and smooth, as expected.

Obviously I toggle the new button to visualize proxy and original file in the viewer window, again, the proxy runs a lot worst than the original 4k file.

I would really appreciate any thoughts.

Armando Ciurana

President
Ciurana Dussauge Films Mexico

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Copy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3
by on Jul 13, 2016 at 7:13:24 pm

did you try disabling h.264 acceleration in pref, media?

Return to posts index

Armando CiuranaRe: Copy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3
by on Jul 15, 2016 at 8:20:31 pm

Thank you Chris for answering!

Actually it does not give me that option, I tried to look for it in other places like project settings and project manager, but nothing.
My system profile is:
Mac Pro Early 2008
Processor 2 x 3.2 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
Memory 24 GB
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600

Here is a Print of the screen I get when looking for Preferences/Media

Thanks again!

Armando

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Copy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 12:52:06 am

there has been times people transcode the wrong framerate.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Copy and Create Proxy Stuttering and freezing Premiere Pro 2015.3
by on Jul 16, 2016 at 12:45:56 pm

Nice catch, Chris ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]