ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Linking footage-- very strange problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse EinsteinLinking footage-- very strange problem
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 2:24:08 am

I'm having a major problem. We used pngs for temporary animations on our project. We later went through and finalized the images as tiffs.

Then we did the following:
1) Control clicked the image in the timeline and clicked REVEAL IN PROJECT
2) Control clicked the file in the project and clicked REPLACE FOOTAGE
We did that for every individual image in the project.

And it worked beautifully. My producing partner and I have 2 manually synced hard drives. We duplicated the project file (changing the title) and transferred the file and new folder from one hard drive to another. Everything worked perfectly. Work continued on DRIVE 2 and was transferred back to DRIVE 1 (with new project names). Everything still worked perfectly. Changes were made on DRIVE 1 and sent back to DRIVE 2 (project name adjusted again) and now the finalized animations have gone back to the old pngs.

When I try to relink, it has the correct name under "CLIP NAME" but not under "FILE NAME".

Can you please help? DRIVE 1 still works perfectly, but DRIVE 2 is not letting me link. I don't want to have to REPLACE footage again file by file (and frankly, I'm a little freaked out that there's a deeper underlying glitch here).

We're on a major deadline (need exports tonight!) Can you advise or help please?

Crossing my fingers! Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]