ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Looking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wojciech HołyszLooking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 7:11:22 pm

Hi,
I posted this to the AE forum as well since I believe both AE and Premiere might be the tools for the job.

I'm not neccessarily new to the forums, but since I lost my previous login info I guess this is my first post :)

I'm looking for a way to automate product videos for e-commerce. Use case would be preparing repetitve footage of say 50 products ,e.g. wide, detail, mid and a close up shot for eachproduct. Each shot lasting a specific timespan (e.g. 1 second pre, 3 seconds roll, 1 second rest) and beeing prepared according to custom specification.
Having the 50 products shot 4 ways each, files downloaded into separate folders (or into one), I would like to run a script that would take the footage, insert (replace) it into a previously prepared edit template (in a Premiere Pro or After Effects project) and render it with prespecified settings (format, resolution, etc.). Even more preferably I could load a project, point a folder, replace all footage with one click - check for adjustments and queue render.

Is that possible with AE scripts or in any other way you guys know of? The point of this would be mass production of very simple product videos.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Looking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 10:41:23 pm

That definitely sounds more like something AE could do. I don't think you can write scripts for Premiere Pro. You might want to look this over while waiting for a more definitive answer from here.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11854196/adobe-premiere-scripting

Keep in mind they're a bunch of jerks over there but there is some helpful information pertaining to your question.

Here is what appears to be all of the AE scripts available for Premiere Pro

http://aescripts.com/premiere-pro/

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Looking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 12:24:44 am

I honestly think doing these by hand would be as fast or faster than automating it. You just need to learn the PP keyboard shortcuts. Open the clip, set a duration, add it to the timeline, move to the next clip. Very simple. Very fast.

You could spend much more time just preparing for the automated editing -- if it's even possible, and I don't think it is -- than you could just by being fast at editing.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Wojciech HołyszRe: Looking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 6:13:43 am

[Dave LaRonde] "I honestly think doing these by hand would be as fast or faster than automating it."

True, but still I would need a robot-person to keep smashing the same keyboard shortcuts for a few hours a day. That's not humane ;)

I'll definately have to consider that anyway.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Looking for a way to mass auto-edit product videos
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:35:55 pm
Last Edited By Alex Udell on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:36:13 pm

Hi,

I keep on eye on stuff like this too.

Take a look at this:

http://aescripts.com/templater/

Probably best of class automation thru After Effects.

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]