ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Delay in property value adjustment

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David ChristianDelay in property value adjustment
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 12:03:01 am
Last Edited By David Christian on Jul 5, 2016 at 12:51:21 am

Let's say there's an image in the middle of the sequence; its X value is 600. I hover my mouse over that value, hold down the left button, and drag left and right to swish the value up or down. Usual stuff. And you know how the image over in the middle of the sequence will weave left and right in accordance with the X value? Well that's what used to happen, but nowwww all of a sudden that I've gotten a new computer, there's a really terrible delay on this. I'll slide the value from 600 to 900, and like 1/3rd of a second later, the image will finally slide over to x900.
This makes adjusting the position really annoying and difficult. And it's the same for the Y axis, rotation, opacity, and every other keyframe property. I've looked at the preferences, and I don't see any option to alter this.
If you folks know anything about this issue, even where I can look to learn how to solve it, I would be deeply grateful.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Delay in property value adjustment
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 1:44:25 am

How much RAM did you allocate to your Adobe apps? Maybe you forgot to set it and it's defaulted to something ridiculous like 3 Gigs

Return to posts index

David ChristianRe: Delay in property value adjustment
by on Jul 5, 2016 at 1:58:05 am

No that's not the issue sadly; everything else in the program moves super quickly. IE I can scrub through a timeline and the preview window keeps up perfectly.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 5, 2016 at 2:31:43 am

Well, my computer, which I'm positive is nothing compared to yours (a consumer PC with an i5 processor and 12 gigs of RAM, for starters) can also scrub the timeline and, with the latest upgrade, even play smoothly in 1/2 resolution compared to choppy 1/4 resolution, but if I put the wrong combination of effects onto a clip, I also get performance so slow it literally takes 15-20 seconds to change those parameters you're talking about, and I can't even scrub it, I have to click on the number, wait for it to be highlighted, the manually type in the new number, then wait another 8 seconds for it to take effect.

Does your problem happen to you even without effects added to your clips?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 5, 2016 at 2:41:33 am

Yeah, it doesn't matter how little is going on; it could just be one small image with nothing behind it; it still has this delay.
In fact, if I manually punch in the value, it updates instantly.
Also, if I click on the image itself and go into that mode where you can see and adjust the blue movement vector (whatever that is called lol), there is no delay. So far, I've been getting around this problem by doing that, though the vector adjust mode is much more CPU intensive, and thus a little choppy.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 5, 2016 at 2:52:36 am

I know this sounds stupid, but maybe it's the mouse. You said you just got the computer. Do you still have your old mouse? Try plugging it in and see what happens.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 5, 2016 at 3:04:21 am

Nah it's the same on both mouses. And like I said, in "vector" mode the delay is not happening so that's definitely not a factor.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 5, 2016 at 10:21:25 am

Well, I'm FAR from your last hope on this board. Someone will be along now that the holiday is over to help. Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]