ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Bizarre Audio Hiss-Only, No Sound issue Premiere Pro CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick HuntleyBizarre Audio Hiss-Only, No Sound issue Premiere Pro CC
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 8:58:27 pm

Hey guys,

Ran into a very bizarre audio issue today. Shot a short interview on a 60D with an external shotgun mic (Couldn't tell you which one, borrowed it from a friend) and in camera the audio appeared to play back just fine (We tested it before the interview and it sounded great), however, now that I'm sitting down to edit this interview together, I hear about 90% hiss and a very faint 10% glimmer of the actual sound (I can hear the stick clap for the sync to cam 2, but not much else). When I press play, I can see levels bouncing far higher than I hear. There LOOKS to be audio, but all I can hear is hiss. Problem persists with Audition and after rendering. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue or knows of a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Premiere Pro CC 2015.0 Mac

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Bizarre Audio Hiss-Only, No Sound issue Premiere Pro CC
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 9:23:17 pm

Did you mistakenly shoot stereo audio?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nick HuntleyRe: Bizarre Audio Hiss-Only, No Sound issue Premiere Pro CC
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 11:54:41 pm

The audio is stereo (my DSLR shoots stereo). I know Premiere can be weird about stereo and mono. Is there a setting I can adjust to try to isolate the real sound that I should be (but am not) hearing?

Nick Huntley
TV Engineer/Film Editor
Orange County, CA

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Bizarre Audio Hiss-Only, No Sound issue Premiere Pro CC
by on Jul 7, 2016 at 9:37:16 pm

If you didn't "customize" your audio settings before edit, it isn't too late - but it will require you to re-lay shots in the timeline.

In these examples, the audio I "cared about" was on channel 1 only.

I select all clips in the bin, right-click and choose "Modify --> Audio".

Then I set my footage up so it uses channel 1 only and all other tracks are "abandoned", so to speak.

You can save this as a preset. I also have a preset named "No audio, please" that gets rid of all sound on b-roll.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]