ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin SmithUn-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:52:34 pm

Hello All,
Does anyone have any experience un-nesting sequences in premiere pro? Let me explain. I shot 6 instructional videos using two cameras. I initially laid out all six videos on one timeline. I highlighted the clips from the first video and created a nested sequence with the intention of making a multi-cam sequence which I did. However, I am trying to revert this nested sequence back to its previous form because I am trying to copy some color correcting effects from one of the cameras which need to be applied to the other videos.

Does anyone know how to un-nest a sequence? Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:02:57 pm

Why do that when there's an easier way?

Just select the video whose effects you want to copy, and hit Ctrl-C. Then highlight the videos you want to add the effect to, Right Click, and select "Paste Attributes." Then select which effects from the original video you want to apply.

Return to posts index

Kevin SmithRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:34:44 pm

Hey Blaise,
We're on the same page. That is what I am trying to do. The video clips that have the color information I want to copy are no longer available. Because the clips are nested, the color information is no longer available to copy. If I could un-nest this particular sequence, I could copy that color info.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:36:28 pm

I don't have Premiere Pro open right now but isn't it set up where you can double click a nested sequence and it will open another sequence with the original layout of the clips in the nest? I think so...

Return to posts index

Kevin SmithRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:47:02 pm

Hi Duke,
Just tried it. It created a new multicam sequence. Thank you anyways.
Kevin

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 8:13:52 pm

Hi...

where was the color correction applied? to the nest clips OR to the clips inside the nest? Since you are asking about exploding the nest...I'll assume inside.

there is nothing special about a multicam nest. It really is just a sequence like any other. You can find it by it's name in the project panel and open it....go to whatever clip has the CC you want and copy it, or save it as a preset or whatever you want so that you have it to apply else where. Usually double clicking on a nested sequence in the timeline will open it, but there may be some sort of pref that disables that....not sure...

the fact that multicams are simply nested sequences is one of the coolest things about the multi-cam implementation, to make changes within the multicam sequence that are then reflected everywhere it's used....

hope that helps some....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:25:51 pm

It's a multicam sequence? Then do this: in the clip bins, right-click the multicam sequence and select Open In Timeline from the contextual menu. It will open up the multicam sequence in a timeline, and you can recover any plugin settings.

Return to posts index

Jud ArcherRe: Un-nesting a sequence on Premiere Pro CC 2015
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 8:11:51 pm

Hey Kevin. There is a short discussion about this over on Adobe https://goo.gl/G5jCyW that may or not help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]