ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke Sweden2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 3:24:57 pm

1. In the Media Browser, the files are constantly blinking on and off and shooting up to the top whenever I try to select 1 or more to import. If I leave it alone they behave. I can import through the Project window, but, still, I mean, come on, world class NLE!!!

2. When I go to export media, in the previous version it would open where I placed it, in my second monitor, and it would default to the last format I used. Now it constantly opens in my main monitor, too big to get to the buttons at the bottom of the window so I have to resize it, AND it always defaults to AVI, which I've never used, so I don't know why it chose that format to default to.

Anybody else have these two particular problems?

Return to posts index

Jacob LambertRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:28:59 pm

I have been having the second problem you mention. My monitors are slightly different sizes, so that may be it. Annoying at first, but for now until they fix, I recommend to just use arrow keys. In fact, now that I know I can use arrow keys, I'll probably skip the tiny step of waiting for the slow scroll to other export formats.

The problems I'm having with these updates are mystifying. It's as if this latest update decimated my entire system. Opening photoshop used to take about 4 seconds. The new version takes 3 minutes to open (and temporary "program not responding" windows that can't be touched), but then runs fine. then i will, say, open a file, and that takes an entire minute. same for premiere...minute long lags to open a single file, then editing is totally fine. so weird. Is ANYONE ELSE having these massive slowdowns?! I even installed the previous versions that had been running fine, and it's as if 2015.3 version installed a virus that has my system creeping along SO SO slowly. I use Adobe products all the time and would have not been surprised by a slight decrease in speed but this is crazy. i haven't heard from anyone with this issue, otherwise i guess the internet would be exploding. i'm guessing the install changed some settings that i'll probably not figure out until they do the next update. arg.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:34:40 pm

Oh yeah, Jacob, the updates run real slow, that's why I went back to last year's model until they issue some updates. And, yeah, Photoshop screwed up the last version on me as well.

As for different sized monitors, yeah, 32" and 22", but as I said, the cc 2015 version did and still does behave properly, opening in the smaller monitor in a size that fits the screen, not spills offscreen, and defaults to the last format I used.

Oh well, I need some adventure in my life ;-)

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 6:58:15 pm

Nope. Try trashing your preferences and see if that'll clear them up.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2016 at 7:31:10 pm

Hi Tero,
I really have no preferences set other than cache size (which I think is the default, 252gigs) and amount of RAM allocated. And it still behaves as it should in cc 2015.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 8:10:08 pm

Hi Duke. Your statement about minimal prefs is no doubt completely true.

However, if the file that stores those prefs has become corrupted. . .

Also, I had some weird file behaviors until I cleared all cache files generated from the previous version. Cache files had to be rebuilt when I started up projects again - but a lot of little issues went away.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 30, 2016 at 11:16:45 pm

Well, I cleared my cache but that didn't help. Guess I'll try clearing my preferences.

Return to posts index

Chris TompkinsRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jul 2, 2016 at 8:30:52 pm

Yes, Massive slow downs. Do they do this to encourage hardware upgrades hmm?

Can someone please provide the steps to roll back a version?

Chris

Return to posts index

by on Jul 2, 2016 at 11:14:37 pm

There's a site, I've mentioned it many times here. It's NOT a piracy site or a torrent site, it's approved and endorsed by Adobe. You can get either cc 2015 (last year's model) or even cc 2014, plus all the updates (you only need the last one of each app). They have both Win and Mac versions. I don't think I have to give you roll back instructions. Now, one thing (and, again, I've been around here quite a while, I wouldn't post a link to a pirate site) but follow the instructions above the download links. You need an adobe ID, click on the link to download Adobe Elements, and sign in (you don't actually have to download Elements)

This is for last year's version:
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

This is for the updates (2015)
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-updates-links-windows.html

cc 2014:
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

cc 2014 updates:
http://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-updates-links-windows.html

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:37:43 pm

Here's another bug. I'm just starting my first new project with the new updated PPro. My first three "bins" were created just fine, but each one would open like 4 times in the project panel. That was bad enough. When I dragged images to my "images" bin, only one of the instances of "images" bin would contain the images and I'd have to go through each of the other instances to make sure they were empty or didn't have other images in them before I closed them.

Now, when I try to create another bin and name it, PPro just takes one of my already created bins and renames it. In other words, if I have "greenscreen", "dialog", "sound fx" and I want to create a new bin for "images", it just takes one of the previous bins, like "dialog", and renames it to "images". Major pain!

Anyone else?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2016 at 1:41:06 pm

UPDATE: And then, just like that, after I clicked the 3 stripes button at the top of the project panel and chose New Bin from there, it worked, and using the new bin icon now works again. Bugs. What ya gonna do...

Return to posts index

Gary HuffRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 2:13:22 pm

[Duke Sweden] "And then, just like that"

Just like that after you trashed your preferences like people kept referring to?

Return to posts index

by on Jul 6, 2016 at 3:08:09 pm

No, just like after I clicked the 3 line button. Sorry if I disappointed you.

Return to posts index

by on Jul 8, 2016 at 12:12:08 pm

Here's two more. Mind you, this doesn't mean you're seeing the same bugs. Probably aren't since no one is responding, but here's the latest from my end.

1. When I create a sequence, then drop it into my master sequence, up to 5-6 seconds at the end are getting cut off. I have to grab the end of the clip and drag to the right to get all of it to show up.

2. When I click on an audio track to edit in Adobe Audition, Audition is grayed out. I've tried even on original tracks (not Plural Eyes'd, not edited in any way) but it's always grayed out.

Return to posts index

emio tomeoniRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Aug 31, 2016 at 1:17:02 am

trashing the preferences seemed to work for me!
thank you!

Return to posts index

mark thompsonRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 11:01:20 am

I have a small one clip project and the sound keeps coming and going, i.e. stops and starts.
The audio on the clip is fine, it was fine in the previous release of PPro. The audio is fine in audition. Audio is fine after render.

It feels like this release was built to a date [project manager syndrome] and they omitted to regression test before release.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jul 9, 2016 at 1:08:38 pm

it seems you are collecting a good number of bugs. you can report them directly to adobe here.
http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Return to posts index

by on Jul 9, 2016 at 2:32:45 pm

Yeah, but nobody is concurring so it may just be my PC. If a group of you all said "Yeah, me too." I'd have considered it.

Return to posts index

mark thompsonRe: 2015.3 2 Bugs...Anyone Else?
by on Jul 11, 2016 at 8:40:36 am

update to my own reply!

my first test clip was pretty high bandwidth (Sony MPEG4 422 225 Mbit) Audio Linear PCM 16 bit. I rebuilt the single clip project from scratch and it still exhibited the same problem. A stereo project. It was rendered on DaVinci resolve 12.5.

On another project I'm working on the clips are Sony MPEG2 422 50 Mbit. This project plays the audio as I would expect. It has 8 channels. This is my priority at the moment.

It looks like the high bandwidth of the source causes resource contention.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]