ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

what to do when there is hiss on video?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nitai Lev-Orenwhat to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 11:51:06 am

I'm editing a presentation and the speaker have a hiss sound because the mic was to far or the volume on the camera was low I don't know
how can I remove the hiss sound?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 1:11:42 pm

It would probably be best to fix the audio track as best as you can in Adobe Audition. It should work fairly well in reducing -- not eliminating -- this type of noise. If you were to totally eliminate the hiss, you would also eliminate some of the speaker's voice frequencies.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:51:16 pm

You could buy Wave Arts-Dialog plugin for Adobe Audition. It works well and is easy to use.

Return to posts index

Nitai Lev-OrenRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 9:22:02 pm

I'll check it, thanks

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jun 30, 2016 at 9:22:40 pm

did it work.?

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 2:37:34 am

Since I've already started enough threads here this week and my question relates to Adobe Audition I will add to this thread, as it also relates to the noise issue. I remember at one point, if I had noise, background hum, ambient noise, etc. I could go to effects>noise reduction/restoration>Capture Noise Print, followed by Noise Reduction (Process) after highlighting a portion of the timeline where only noise appeared, and when I applied Noise Reduction it would remove that sound from the whole audio track.

Now (and not just cc 2015.3 but even the previous version) it only removes it from the highlighted portion. If I un-highlight it, the noise doesn't get removed at all. So I have to repeat the process for every section that has noise, which is a pain.

The same problem also exists if I use Learn Sound Model and Sound Remover (Process).

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 3:08:19 am

audition's adaptive noise reduction will remove all noise at once.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: what to do when there is hiss on video?
by on Jul 1, 2016 at 1:51:46 pm

I never question you, Chris, but I could swear I tried that last night before I put up my post. I'll try again, just in case and report back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]