ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

work around for adjustment layer in nested sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Meike Zoerwork around for adjustment layer in nested sequence
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 10:33:25 am

Goodmorning everyone,

Hope someone can help me out on this one:
I'm working on a lower third consisting of 1 blue and 1 yellow element. The blue part is transparent, and should blur the footage below (with a Gaussian).
The animation of the lower third is build up in 3 different layers, with the blue top layer revealing the blur in the footage. All animation consists of png sequences from AE, and I separately rendered the blue top layers.

The editor has requested a drag-and-drop workflow, so I'm looking for a way to have the editor use as few layers as possible.

My current set-up in the timeline is:

Lower third animation (nested sequence with a masked text template)
Lower third blue top layer
Adjustment layer (Gaussian blur + Track matte key - matte alpha on 'Lower third blue top layer')
Footage

I noticed the Adjustment Layer can't be nested, so I'm looking for a work around. Is there a way to reduce these layers any further?

Cheers,
Meike

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: work around for adjustment layer in nested sequence
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:01:14 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 28, 2016 at 4:44:15 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a semi-transparent animated lower-third graphic that blurred the background video beneath it... and was also used repeatedly in a program. Now I know why -- it's no fun and it's time-consuming to create.

I'm afraid your editor's drag-and-drop request won't work if a blur is involved. If you MUST have the blur, it gets to be an involved procedure.

If drag-and-drop is the priority, just make ONE semi-transparent animated graphic background, and as many instances of animated text as necessary, both in After Effects and both with alpha channels. I'd forget the blur.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Meike ZoerRe: work around for adjustment layer in nested sequence
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 10:24:31 am

Thanks for your response Dave. Guess I will have to talk to the editor about the priorities in this project.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: work around for adjustment layer in nested sequence
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 4:04:48 pm

That's always a wise thing to do. Make it a priority to point out that the editor would be responsible for adding the blur to the video behind the animated graphic.

Nothing like a somewhat-complicated extra step to throw cold water on someone's "vision"!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]