ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James BradyGenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 5:36:41 pm

Since updating to CC 2015.3, Adobe Premiere seems to have a problem locating Sapphire plug-ins. Premiere will launch and visibly load all Sapphire effects (listing them all on the Premiere launch screen), but once launched, none of the Sapphire effects are available in the effects tab. All other 3rd party effects load fine and Sapphire plugins load correctly in After Effects. So the issue would seem to be only between Sapphire and Premiere.
After several hours-long phone calls to GenArts, and multiple combinations of uninstalling Sapphire, deactivating Sapphire license, clearing Premiere cache, reinstalling and re-licensing, their tech support was ultimately unable to determine how to correct the problem.
Any ideas about how to correct this issue are appreciated.

Best,
James

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas
http://www.resultsvideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:11:46 pm

try adobe uninstall cleaner tool as older files probably were not deleted prior to reinstalling. and delete any saphire folders/plugins/registry
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-prob...

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 7:51:56 pm

My Sapphire plugins also disappeared when I updated Premiere Pro, but re-installing them solved the problem. However, it's Magic Bullet, out of all the Red Giant plugins, that won't reinstall to Premiere Pro. All their other suites have the option of installing into 2015.3 except Magic Bullet, and, ironically, all of those other suites didn't disappear anyway so I didn't need to re-install.

Funny things, these Adobe updates.

Return to posts index

James BradyRe: GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:07:37 pm

Duke,
I just read in another post that Red Giant had an update for 2015.3 compatibility.

http://www.redgiant.com/blog/2016/06/21/software-update-we-are-ready-for-cc...

Hope it works for you!

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas
resultsvideo.com

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 10:35:45 pm

Thanks, James, but I got the email from Red Giant. As I said, all of the updates (which I didn't need because they all magically appeared in 2015.3 and were working, but I updated anyway) have an install option for 2015.3, EXCEPT for Magic Bullet, which, ironically their website says is the only suite that DOESN'T need to be updated. Convoluted, right? ;-)

Return to posts index

James BradyRe: GenArts Sapphire Effects Plug-ins Not Loading in Adobe Premiere CC 2015.3
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 8:04:48 pm

Thanks, Chris. I'll be troubleshooting this today so I'll get back to you on the CC-Cleaner option. I understand that would completely remove the selected Adobe App, in this case Premiere. I'll probably try some less-intrusive options first. Either way, I'll keep the thread updated with any progress.

James Brady
Senior Editor
Results Video, Inc.
El Paso, Texas
resultsvideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Wrightsolution in cross-post
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 10:52:54 pm

Solution in cross-post
Zac Lam:

"try moving the GenArts set(s) of plug-ins that aren’t loading to outside of the plug-ins folder, then hold down Shift the 'WHOLE' time while launching to clear the plug-in cache. The plug-ins still in the plug-in folder should okay. Then move the problem plug-in set(s) back into the plug-ins folder, and launch (without holding Shift this time). "

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2173637

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]