ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Not Acknowledging ACR Adjustments? Cinema DNG

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex SiliatoAdobe Premiere Not Acknowledging ACR Adjustments? Cinema DNG
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:46:44 pm

I've searched all over Adobe and CC Forums for an answer/workaround to this.

Ok so the new ability to work with proxies in Premiere is AMAZING! I shoot Blackmagic 4K RAW Cinema DNG's which I quickly grade in bridge before I edit. However here is my problem.

Once I've graded all my DNG's in bridge and import them into Premiere, Premiere does not acknowledge the changes.

I thought ok no biggie I'll just cut the footage first and when I'm ready to color I'll replace it with an after effects comp and color grade in AE, but when I tried this I get an error "the importer reported a generic error" It might be because I was using a proxy. Otherwise I don't have that issue.

So in all, I can't color grade my RAW files unless I grade them in After Effects directly which is a pain. I also wish I can drag the raw files right to Media Encoder once I've graded them but Media Encoder doesn't acknowledge the changes made in bridge either.
I've given many hours of trying learning DaVinci as well but I'm just not getting the hang of the node layout. I'd rather stick with Adobe Suite.

Any Ideas? Maybe my workflow is all wrong but this has always been easiest for me with awesome results.

Return to posts index

Alex SiliatoRe: Adobe Premiere Not Acknowledging ACR Adjustments? Cinema DNG
by on Jun 29, 2016 at 2:22:00 pm

bump

Return to posts index

Alex SiliatoRe: Adobe Premiere Not Acknowledging ACR Adjustments? Cinema DNG
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 4:09:10 am

bump

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Adobe Premiere Not Acknowledging ACR Adjustments? Cinema DNG
by on Jul 19, 2016 at 9:38:18 am

[Alex Siliato] "Once I've graded all my DNG's in bridge and import them into Premiere, Premiere does not acknowledge the changes."

Premiere probably doesn't use the Camera RAW info and instead uses the proper importer that the footage is expecting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]