ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Can low memory cause poor quality in exported videos?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie BurkhardtCan low memory cause poor quality in exported videos?
by on Jun 26, 2016 at 2:56:22 am

I have been working on a project in premiere pro 7.2 for the last two weeks. Over that time any and all videos exported looked fine (mpeg-2 DVD). Last night I exported a batch of files in media encoder. Before having a chance to check the finished files, premiere gave me a low memory warning and in the process of trying to save the project, the screen turned black and windows gave me a message telling me to reinstall windows 7. On the desktop it also said this copy of Windows is not genuine.
After restoring my computer to a previous working point, I find that within the same project I was working in, using all of the same export setting that worked before and had not been changed, that videos I now export are very low in quality. Also, the batch of videos I exported BEFORE the crash have the same poor, grainy look as the freshly exported videos.
I am aware premiere may have a memory leak from reading different posts online, so my question is can low memory cause low quality in exported videos? Is there any solution?

Also something funny I notice in premiere, after the computer crash and restoration, I notice the clips in the timeline actually look darker, not the video, the actual dark purple blocks within the timeline. And when highlighted using an in and out point, the blocks look much lighter than before. I'm not sure if I have a premiere problem, a computer problem, or both!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! And sorry for the long post!

Thank you
Jamie

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Can low memory cause poor quality in exported videos?
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 3:06:38 pm

That sounds a lot more like a hardware issue.

Return to posts index

Jamie BurkhardtRe: Can low memory cause poor quality in exported videos?
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 6:57:20 pm

Any idea on a solution? I'm really in a bind here. Got 6 dance recitals to push through and this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Return to posts index

Dean MilanRe: Can low memory cause poor quality in exported videos?
by on Jul 3, 2016 at 7:26:42 pm

Keep your projects, and try reinstalling premiere pro. I am not really sure what your problem is, but this should improve at least something. Try this at your own risk. Good luck :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]