ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

export codec for playback on projector

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marcus Solerexport codec for playback on projector
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 10:26:31 pm

Greetings,

First a hello. This is my first post on ccow.

So I film and edit sermons for my church and we playback these messages at different campuses. Sermon length can vary from 30 minutes to 45.

My goal is to get smoother playback from my videos. Currently shooting with a Canon c100 at 24mb and importing the .MTS into AP cc 2015. I modify footage to progressive field then edit, sync audio and export. Right now I use H.264 with 720p res. VBR2 target 50mb and max 50mb. Its my understanding that H.264 is pretty processor heavy for playback. Should I use a different export codec?

How about the playback device? Right now we place the completed .mp4 on a hard drive and playback from there.

Here's the projectors we use.
Panasonic PT-DW6300 http://www.projectorcentral.com/Panasonic-PT-DW6300US.htm

Sorry for any confusion my post might be causing. I'm not even sure what are the right questions to ask. I guess I'm trying to get some confirmation that I'm doing things right. Everything I've done has been learned from watching YT vids.

Thanks to any and all help you can give. I'm just trying to get better at this.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: export codec for playback on projector
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:25:29 am

honestly, h.264 isn't bad if it isn't overly compressed with long GOP. intraframe should work fine.
the other issue you would run into is if you used a lightly compressed codec that is insanely large, thus creating a hard drive speed access bottleneck.

I recommend testing. You can try also try quicktime photojpeg. constant bitrate might improve playback and render time because they are the same number instead of VBR. you can also try exporting out a DnxHD then encoding with handbrake which might create more compatible playback with your device.

If you have a simple PC to DVI-RGB, then it might simply be the playback software. for windows, I recommend MPC-HC as its smoother than VLC and requires less CPU overhead.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]