ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Nvidea Card

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen McCarthyNvidea Card
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 2:15:29 am

Hi all,

I have recently had the update with Adobe CC and now my graphics card is not recognising the 4gb of ram on my video card. all working fine until the update. Yes I have the latest drivers but its only showing 1gb of ram and wont allow GPU in the render tab.

any suggestions please?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 2:39:59 am

You said you have the latest drivers... Does that include both the Nvidia web driver and the separately installed Cuda driver?

Also, have you uninstalled both and reinstalled both since installing the latest Adobe software?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Stephen McCarthyRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 3:14:48 am

I have but I'm doing it again, I thought maybe the card might have been discontinued... it's an older PC but thought it would still be ok.

The card is a Quadro FX 5800

Machine is a HPz800 dual xeon 2.6ghz

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 3:55:37 am

I can assure you, that card has not been tested by Adobe for many years, but it still might work. You should consider a new GPU anyway, because the current crop of cards will provide you with vastly increased Cuda processing/acceleration, and at a great price. You've gotten your money's worth out of the old card.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Stephen McCarthyRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 25, 2016 at 4:05:26 am

Your right, just frustrating it was working before the latest update... maybe time for a z840 thanks

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:15:12 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:16:06 am

try rolling back to much older driver. this issue is across many cards.361.75

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Nvidea Card
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 5:07:41 pm

ya someone else said an adobe rep told them to roll back the driver and it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]