ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca KirshAdobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 6:19:01 pm

When I updated Premiere CC 2015 to 10.3.0, I went to Lumetri Color only to discover that ALL of my LUTs were missing. I had to re-import all of my LUTs back into their respective folders in the package contents.... but when I opened the Premiere project, it didn't remember which LUT I had used previously, but instead picked a random LUT from the list which of course looked dead wrong... now I'm having to go through all of my old projects and re-grade everything. How do I fix this? Is this a bug? How do I prevent this from happening the next time I update??

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:31:05 pm

The most simple answer is, NEVER update in the middle of a project, or look carefully before hitting the update button, because Adobe has an option that will not delete your prior version, thus installing the newer version side by side with the older one.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Oliver PetersRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 12:16:38 am

[Rebecca Kirsh] "When I updated Premiere CC 2015 to 10.3.0, I went to Lumetri Color only to discover that ALL of my LUTs were missing. I had to re-import all of my LUTs back into their respective folders in the package contents...."

LUTs have been restructured in a more logical manner in this new version. The default LUTs from the previous version were moved to the Legacy folder inside the package. If you have manually added you own LUTs into those folders, then you are doing something that's unsupported. That being said, I did the same and had a similar issue, but it's only on a rough cut in my case. Even when I point the clip to the same LUT in a back-up location, it didn't apply it. I'm not sure what's up with that. The bottom line is NOT to put your own LUTs into the package folders. Link to external locations using the Browse function.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Rebecca KirshRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:35:10 pm

I see that they stuck everything in the legacy folder.. but.. what exactly is that? None of those LUTs showed up in Premiere since they were moved to legacy... and I had to manually move them back into the technical folder for them to appear in the basic color correction section. That's so inconvenient! I understand what you're saying about using the browse function... just sucks because I like to be able to preview the LUTs through the list in the creative section as I go along.

Return to posts index

Oliver PetersRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 24, 2016 at 11:42:23 pm

[Rebecca Kirsh] "but.. what exactly is that? None of those LUTs showed up in Premiere since they were moved to legacy..."

I believe this legacy folder is where Premiere looks to link to the older (Adobe-installed) LUTs when a sequence is upgraded with the new version of Premiere. From what I can tell, moving custom (not installed by the installer) LUTs manually into this folder won't work.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 deleted all my LUTs when I updated to 10.3.0
by on Jun 27, 2016 at 12:05:24 am

put in technical folder
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109321394/Technical.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]