ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Audio & Video out of sync when being exported.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean DiehlAudio & Video out of sync when being exported.
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 5:32:22 pm

Hi,

I have a serious issue. I am working on in premiere pro cc 2015.3 on a mac pro dual 12 core. I imported mts raw files into the project. The timeline is 02:39:55:17. When I render out to H264 blu-ray or MPEG2 blu-ray the audio comes out to be 02:40:05:00. The video renders out at 02:39:49:16. For whatever reason the audio is being extended and the video is being shortened. The audio starts and ends correctly. I even listened to certain parts of the video and a quarter of the way through audio begins to get out of sync with video. I have tried rendering from premiere, encoder, encore and even final cut. They all create the same problem. The video was shot in 23.978. The video was rendered at 23.978. I have also tried rendering the video in sections and it still adds frames to the audio. When i render the video as a whole with video and audio together as pro res file it seems fine until I import into to encore to burn a blu-ray then it encodes it and then I have same issues. If someone can please help me out. I am running out of ideas.

-Sean

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio & Video out of sync when being exported.
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 5:46:02 pm

It sounds like this might be a drop frame / non-drop frame time code issue. Is that possible?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sean DiehlRe: Audio & Video out of sync when being exported.
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 6:33:32 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Dave. How do I change the settings for dropped frames?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Audio & Video out of sync when being exported.
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 6:33:17 pm

Export a master file from your timeline that includes both audio and video, then use that master to encode whatever you need from Adobe Encoder or any other app.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2016 at 6:39:25 pm

I tried that. I encoded whole timeline to pro res to keep video and audio together which worked. However when I take the pro res and transcode that to h264 blu-ray or mpeg2 blu-ray it makes separate audio and video and it doesn't match up.

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Audio & Video out of sync when being exported.
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:01:56 pm

In what app(s) are you seeing the descrepancy you've mentioned? And, have you tried to use the files to create a disc, or are you waiting to try that until you see your audio and video files at exactly the same length? I ask because it's not uncommon that apps don't divulge accurate running length stats.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2016 at 7:18:47 pm

I have encoded in premiere, encoder and encore. I brought the files into encore and when I play it back in encore the audio is off when it gets a quarter the way through the two hours and forty minute video. I have to use encore because I am burning to blu-ray. I noticed where the audio is first off sync you hear a weird audio hit then the audio is silent for a a five seconds when it really should be a couple seconds.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2016 at 10:06:24 pm

It doesn't sound like a time code issue, as I first thought. But it COULD be a compressed audio issue. Adobe products don't seem to like compressed audio very much. If there is any in your timeline, I'd try converting it to wav or aiff files.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2016 at 2:46:35 pm

I tried exporting to wave and aif and still same problem.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2016 at 4:26:05 pm

I think you might have misunderstood. I mean that the audio in your edit timeline should not be compressed. If you have any mp3's in it, convert them.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2016 at 8:10:24 pm

ok good idea!

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2016 at 1:16:26 pm

I made it so there is no uncompressed audio in my timeline however I still have the issue of my audio track exporting at a longer duration then the duration it is in the timeline.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2016 at 3:56:58 pm

As I looked back at the original post, I see you wrote that you were working at 23.978. I really hope you intended to write 23.976.

Or just give up on the new update and use the older one. I hope you still have it. Once again, Adobe issues an update with new features & bug fixes while simultaneously creating new woes.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Jun 28, 2016 at 5:07:08 pm

Yes 23.976 is what I meant. I feel like there are always bugs involved in there updates. Thanks for all input I highly appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]