ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

MTS file issue in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott CarterMTS file issue in Premiere
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 11:16:35 pm

Mac Pro, OSX 10.11.5 El Capitan, 2x2.8 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon, NVIDIA Quadro 4000

I am working on an edit and majority of the footage files are .MTS format. Most but not all of them appear to have a green overlay or tint on them after importing them into Premiere. The files are 1920x1080 and the preview files do not look green in the bin until I put my mouse over them or open them/put them on the timeline. Getting the same result in CC2014 and CC2015. I tested an export to ProRes and it looks fine (no longer a green overlay), however, if I try to export in another format such as the 360p YouTube setting it still has the green overlay on the .MTS footage. I also found that if I put any video layer with an alpha such as graphics then even ProRes exports will retain the green overlay on the .MTS footage. The files look fine in AE and in Media Encoder but there is a ton of footage and I need to edit in Premiere and converting all of the footage in Media Encoder would take a very long time and eat up a ton of drive space. Has anyone else encountered this issue with .MTS files in Premiere? Seems that it may be a codec issue, however, not all .MTS files have the green overlay. Just the majority of them. I have worked with .MTS files in the past and this is the first time I have encountered this issue with .MTS or any footage in Premiere for that matter. This is not the typical "solid green" issue due to quality settings, it actually appears to be a green tint or overlay on the footage. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Scott Carter
http://www.scottcarterdesign.com

Return to posts index

Scott CarterRe: MTS file issue in Premiere
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 12:27:08 am

problem is resolved. graphics card issue.

Scott Carter
http://www.scottcarterdesign.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]