ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Photo Slideshow in Adobe Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John HecktPhoto Slideshow in Adobe Premiere
by on Jun 22, 2016 at 9:28:11 pm
Last Edited By John Heckt on Jun 22, 2016 at 9:52:06 pm

Hello all,

I am making a slideshow for a wedding of old childhood pictures of the bride and groom. I probably should be using something a bit more simple like imovie (it was hard enough getting the duration of each photo set properly in Adobe), especially because I don't know how to do any kind of "ken burns effect" in premiere without manually going into the motion settings. Anyway, my real problem has to do with something else.

I'm not sure why, but everytime I press play on the timeline, the photo resolution becomes noticeably fuzzier. Some of them I can't even see. Most of these are jpeg files. They date back so many years that I have no idea what kind of cameras were used to take them. Likely it was several different kinds of consumer friendly cameras. Anyways, the pictures are always clear when I'm paused or when the photo is in the source panel, but as soon as I press play they begin to fuzz. Does this have to do with the sequence settings? I had no idea what sequence settings to use when I did this. I have noticed that the photos that I had to scan to get onto my mac are even fuzzier than the ones I downloaded off of dropbox.I've spent hours on this now and don't want to switch to imovie even though imovie probably could have gotten it done pretty quickly just due to it's simple nature. Please help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Return to posts index

Trent HappelRe: Photo Slideshow in Adobe Premiere
by on Jun 23, 2016 at 12:38:56 am

This sounds like your Playback Resolution is set to a lower res (I think it is set to 1/2 by default). In the Program monitor, click on the Select Playback Resolution dropdown or wrench button (both are lower right in Program monitor) and set to Playback Resolution to Full. You can also right-click the Program monitor and set Playback Resolution to Full.

Trent Happel
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

John HecktRe: Photo Slideshow in Adobe Premiere
by on Jun 28, 2016 at 2:50:00 pm

THANK YOU! Wow, what a simple fix. Ya think ya know premiere and then you realize there's a whole lot more simple stuff that I can learn how to do. Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]