ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

playback speed - keyboard shortcut for predefined speed instead stepping up?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marc Niborplayback speed - keyboard shortcut for predefined speed instead stepping up?
by on Jun 18, 2016 at 9:50:50 pm

I' in the process of watching large amounts of raw footage. to speed up the process I use the playback speed feature. pressing SHIFT+L speeds up the playback speed for a certain percentage each time it is pressed.

To get to my desired speed in need to press it around 5-7 times. the problem is that each time I touch the cursor or do something else, the speed switches back to normal and I need to speed it up again, which becomes somehow annoying after you've done it 30 times or more.

my question is.... is there a way to FIX the playback preview speed to a certain rate?
OR... is there a way to switch immediately to a predifined playback speed with a hotkey, instead of repeatedly pressing shift+l until the desired speed is reached?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: playback speed - keyboard shortcut for predefined speed instead stepping up?
by on Jun 19, 2016 at 7:30:45 am

Make a keyboard macro that presses shift+L the required times.

Return to posts index

Marc NiborRe: playback speed - keyboard shortcut for predefined speed instead stepping up?
by on Jun 19, 2016 at 9:02:39 am

Thank you. You mean I should do that macro with an external application?
If it's possible in any way I'd prefer a native solution inside of Premiere - but I guess if nothing else comes up it might be the only solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]