ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Lagging(Beach ball) issue: Inqscribe (third party subtitling software) could be a problem?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eui Yong ZongPremiere Lagging(Beach ball) issue: Inqscribe (third party subtitling software) could be a problem?
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 7:54:55 pm

Hello,

I'm cutting a feature length documentary on Adobe Premiere on a brand new computer system.

since it's a foreign language film, we used a third party subtitling software called Inqscribe to subtitle the rushes.

We've begun cutting the film a week ago, and quite frequently, when I try to copy and paste a segment of the media
or collapse edit, the spinning beach ball of death appears and the computer would lag for anywhere between 30 seconds to 5 minutes until the cut is made, or the clip is copied.

I've contacted Adobe people to troubleshoot the problem, they weren't able to precisely diagnose the problem
but they think there could be an issue with a third party subtitling software issue.

Has anyone had issues with this?

or any thoughts on other possible reasons/causes for the lagging problem?

We're cutting the film on Pro Res HQ, and MP3(a sound recorder regrettably used this form as opposed to wav)
or any optimal settings for the project file??

Thank you,

Yong

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Premiere Lagging(Beach ball) issue: Inqscribe (third party subtitling software) could be a problem?
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 9:00:33 pm

Without any information about your drive(s) on which your media is stored and played back no one can possibly know how to answer your question. Your issue might be the subtitling software, but it could also easily be that your media drive(s) don't have the sustained throughput necessary for seamless playback.

***You can never provide too much info about your hardware when asking technical questions here.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]