ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Setting In/Out times for multiple titles

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom SlemmonsSetting In/Out times for multiple titles
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 4:26:29 am

I'm looking for a way to set the in and out times for multiple titles in a Premiere Pro sequence using timecode data in a table.

First and foremost, I know I have a screwy work flow. Any suggestions for cleaning it up are very welcome.

First I am supplied with a list of titles in a Word document with the in/out and duration times for each title by the client.

I create the titles in Indesign then export them as PNG files that I then import into Premiere. I do the timing manually.
Before the project is finished there are inevitably timing adjustments, so the client asks that I resubmit the Word document with the updated timecodes.

Needless to say, this is a huge pain. Ideally I would like to be able to use the in/out times from the Word document to automatically time the titles before I make any fine adjustments. I'd also like to be able to export the In/out times after all changes have been made in a text document that I can use to update the original Word document.

Thank you for your advice in advance!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Setting In/Out times for multiple titles
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 7:29:16 am

How about using a subtitling program to do this? Like Subtitle Edit or Belle Nuit?

Return to posts index

Tom SlemmonsRe: Setting In/Out times for multiple titles
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 7:39:56 am

Thanks for your response. I guess the main reason is I like the flexibility that InDesign gives me. Not all of the titles I make are subtitles either. I usually create the subtitles in one Indesign file and all other titles in another file. My client often asks me to make changes to the font size, color and overall design during a preview. Being able to make these changes, and as is often the case unmake these changes on the fly is a necessity.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Setting In/Out times for multiple titles
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 2:30:36 pm

Hi...

as far as versioning is concerned....

You might consider a layered photoshop file...

step back in....adjust any given layer(s) for content

multi select layers for look adjustment (fonts colors etc)....save....

reopen PPro project, the change should be reflected....

alternately....there are photoshop workflows for batching and working with CSV and XLS data to drive versions to whatever your final export still images might be if you have to work that way....

the timing issues....that requires a bit more thought....

not sure about that at the moment....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Tom SlemmonsRe: Setting In/Out times for multiple titles
by on Jul 11, 2016 at 5:19:00 am

Thanks for your help!

I ended importing an .aaf file. This creates a new sequence with separate tiff files for each title. The timing is set by the .aaf file so everything is in place. Then I just relinked all the tiff files to the .png files that I am exporting using InDesign. A lot of work to set up but it makes it super easy to make on the fly, broad changes during previews with the client.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]