ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Easiest way to find Effect Presets?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel MeonoEasiest way to find Effect Presets?
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 7:20:17 am
Last Edited By Gabriel Meono on Jun 16, 2016 at 7:22:14 am

I'm moving from Vegas, and I miss the ease to browse presets without loading the default effect and choosing a preset after. It's a huge time saver.

I'm not able to choose presets in the Effects panel. Is there a way to do this?

Screenshots:

View post on imgur.com

Return to posts index

Gabriel MeonoRe: Easiest way to find Effect Presets?
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 7:45:32 am

Found a way to do this, however it won't work for transitions. Is there a way to create custom presets for transitions as well?

Creating custom presets for effects:

Return to posts index

Gabe GraceRe: Easiest way to find Effect Presets?
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 10:25:03 pm

Unfortunately, you can't save your transitions as presets. You can set a default transition duration in the general settings, set a default transition that will be inserted when you press Shift+D by right clicking any transition and clicking Set Selected as Default Transition, or you can make transitions your self using effects and save those as presets, but Adobe (for whatever reason) doesn't let you save transition presets.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 16, 2016 at 10:32:05 pm

I updated Premiere to 9.2 and now I can save transitions presets, and drag them from the Effects panel to the timeline!

However, it's still not possible to right click Custom Presets and turn them into Default Transitions, as they are not inherently "transitions". Anyway this helps a ton convered to previus versions.

Screenshot:

View post on imgur.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 16, 2016 at 8:24:05 pm

Anyone?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Easiest way to find Effect Presets?
by on Jun 17, 2016 at 1:42:49 pm

Hi Gabriel,

I don't know if this will help you at all, but at the bottom right of Effects Bin, there is a folder icon that allows you to create a Custom Bin (which can be renamed). I keep all of my most often-used effects in my Custom Bin and keep that "open" so that any effect is readily available to drag and drop into my timeline without searching through a bunch of different folders each and every time.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]