ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Avid MC command Premiere equivalent

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Garrett OlmsteadAvid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 4:09:24 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut equivalent for the Avid MC "T" command, which bounds the segment under your playhead in the sequence with in and out points. At least I think that it's "T," I might have changed it to that in my settings. The default may be different. The closest workaround I've found is to assign keys to move between next and previous edits, then placing the in and out points manually. Faster than using the mouse, but I'd prefer to use one command that will add in and out points to the segment under the playhead in a single keystroke.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Avid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 6:10:45 pm

hese commands work based on what you have patched on the program side of the patch bay.

If your CTI is on a clip, and only that clip track is selected, the "D" key will select that clip in-to-out. If you then add the "/" key, everything vertically in the stack at that point will be highlighted.

If you have two tracks selected and press the "D" key, your selection will stretch to the longer of the two clips. Adding the "/" key will highlight everything vertically within the limit of the longer clip.

Any copy/paste functions you engage in after selection should be limited to the tracks selected in the patch bay.

Experiment with different patches, the "D" and "/" keys to see various results.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Garrett OlmsteadRe: Avid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:01:46 pm

Thanks for the response! I was working under a different preset than the default, so I hadn't found that shortcut.

That said, it seems to only the clip, rather than placing in and out points around the clip, which I need in order to lift or extract the clip from the sequence for instance. Do you know if there's a command that can do this, or a command that will place in and out points around the clip that I select with the "D" shortcut?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2016 at 7:04:21 pm

*seems to only select the clip

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Avid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 15, 2016 at 8:26:15 pm

It is true you don't see in or out points per se. But with a cut command (CTRL+X) you can "lift and extract" and then paste wherever you want. Or simply copy/paste if you prefer.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 15, 2016 at 8:58:18 pm

But there is a difference between a highlighted clip and one that's bounded by the in/out points. As far as I can tell a highlighted clip doesn't respond to lift/extract/overwrite/insert, which are commands I use all the time and which need in/out points to function. So if there's an instance where I want a clip removed and I need to do an extract (different from the cut command) rather than a lift (similar to cut command), or if I want to overwrite a clip in sequence from something on the source side without dragging and dropping with the mouse, I'd need in and out points bounding the clip. Maybe there is no command for selecting a clip like this in PP like there is in Avid though.

Return to posts index

Jim TownleyRe: Avid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 12:12:56 am

"X". Mark clip. Does the same thing as "T" in Avid.

Jim Townley

Jim Townley
Television Production
Chattahoochee Technical College
Marietta, GA

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto CroceRe: Avid MC command Premiere equivalent
by on Jun 16, 2016 at 9:07:38 am

Jim is correct. "x" Mark clip or "/" for Mark selection (you can select a clip or a bunch of clip and select in out for that clips)

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

by on Jun 16, 2016 at 2:52:31 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]